Brrrr. Who's escaping to the tropics?

Options
tommygirl15
tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
It's pretty cold and snowy here where I am in Canada, and my trip to Bahamas can't come soon enough!
Just wanted to know if anyone else was heading south this winter and where? Are you doing anything special diet/exercise-wise to prepare for your vacation?

Replies

• 79RB79
    79RB79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also freezing my butt off up here in Canada. Heading to Mexico at the end of the month. I wanted to lose 20lbs before the trip and am halfway there. I am not planning on tracking food / drinks while on holidays, however, I am planning on using the gym at the resort and doing lots of swimming. I doubt that will be enough to keep up with the amount of booze I intend to consume.
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I set sail on a Caribbean cruise 4 weeks from today! Leaving out of Puerto Rico to St Thomas, St Croix, St Lucia, St Kitt and Guadalupe. Im trying to do the best I can with food and exercise until then, I dont want to be uncomfortable on the long flight down there. There will be plenty of things to eat while away!
  • TylerLtd
    Options
    South-West Florida, pretty much always sunny. B)
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    South-West Florida, pretty much always sunny. B)

Well we can't all be so lucky :P
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm right across the border from you in Michigan and I can't wait to go on our yearly mid-winter trip to the Florida Keys!
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Going on a cruise from Miami to Cozumel and back the first week in February, CAN'T WAIT! Knowing this was my motivation to finally get off my butt and start losing weight and working out again (began sometime in Sept/Oct or so. While I still have quite the belly, won't be nearly as embarrassed to go shirtless on the beach with the little lady and the kids (now if I could just convince HER to go topless as well, I'll have it made!) :)
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    From Canada here....going to Dominican Republic April 13...I know it's 4 months away but something to look forward to during the harsh weather.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Ha. I live on the Gulf and I'm going to Canada twice this winter. How's that for backwards.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I live in the Frozen Tundra, AKA Wisconsin, and it's pretty brrrr here too. Unfortunately, no trips to the tropics in my future. ever probably. :sad: So I'll just continue to bundle up and wait for spring. :flowerforyou:
  • 79RB79
    79RB79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0440...sounds like we will cross paths when I head down to Naples in Feb!
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    Ha. I live on the Gulf and I'm going to Canada twice this winter. How's that for backwards.

Skiing trip? Lots of good places for that here :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Skiing trip? Lots of good places for that here :)

I did go skiing. I went last month for the first time. Next month I'm going ice fishing for the first time.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I wish. The farthest south I've ever been is New York.
  • mtnxc
    mtnxc Posts: 15
    Options
    I'll be in Thailand in March. Can't wait! This cold/snow is for the birds...
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I wish! It hasn't been above freezing here for weeks and 10 below pretty much every night. I feel like someone locked me in the deep freeze!
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm from Winnipeg and just spent two weeks in Hawaii. Florida is coming up in January. Seriously contemplating Greece in March (not the tropics, but still warm).

I travel for a living and thankfully sometimes my trips are to warm locations in the winter. :)