anyone have any good snack ideas?

Options
Carbs are my weakness. I am trying to keep things as low carb as possible, and of course trying to avoid bad fats and excessive sugar. Im looking for some ideas of what I can grab on the go as a little snack. Thought maybe some of your favorites are something I should try...yogurt gets old.

Also, what is a good beverage to stick to besides water thats low in carbohydrates, sugar, and calories?

Any ideas are appreciated! :wink:
~Cassie

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassie :wink:

I'm Chellie from Ireland :flowerforyou:

Well snacking for me consists of any of the following :bigsmile:

Bag of Popcorn
    Chopped up carrots
    Sugar Snap Peas (love them in salad too)
    Any of the Spec K bars or equivallent
    Sugar Free Jelly (not jam incase you think that you might call it jello?? )
    Snack Size Milky Way (straight out of the freezer is yummy and lasts longer)
    Tube of Peppermints (munch one when I need a fix)
    Low cal Crisps something like Quavers
    Low cal yoghurt

To be honest I don't drink enough water but it is cold here so prefer my coffee :wink: I don't have sugar in it just skimmed milk and it works out at 2 cals :bigsmile:

I think that is about it lol if I think of anymore will be back :drinker:

C

:heart:
  • jordan_vakil
    Options
    baby carrots and hummus. :wink:
  • KateDonnelly
    Options
    Raw veggies are super easy and travel pretty well.
    Hummus is definitely a great dip option to liven up the veggies as well as one small serving of Ranch or Blue Cheese.
    I eat berries and sunflower seeds or almonds a lot too and occasionally pick up an ounce of prepackaged peanuts,pistachios or cashews. They do have a lot of fat but it's a healthy fat and can make you feel really full for quite some time.
    Fruit is super good for you but if you are watching sugar you may be limiting that for now. My advice there is to give up "bad" sugar in favor of healthy foods like fruit but some folks have to give up both for a while. And I pop popcorn in a wok and you can eat a ton of it without hardly making a dent in your calorie goal which is one of my favorites for when I feel like eating A LOT. Happy snacking!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I make snack bags of grapes and freeze them. Then, when I'm around the house, I just grab them when I get a sugar attack. They fix it.
  • tdh302
    tdh302 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sugar free, 0 calorie drinks I like:
    Diet decaf Arizona green tea
    Skinny Water ( most flavors)
    ZERO vitamin water (Grape berry flavor)

Snack ideas:
    1/2 apple or whole apple with 1 TBSP peanut butter
    1/2 or whole banana with 2 TBSP cool whip & 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
    sugar free pudding cups
    5 Hershey Kisses
    1 cup of blueberries or strawberries
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love the low carb 60-calorie tortillas (Tumaro's) with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter spread and then rolled up.

I also buy these rice cakes called "Thin Cakes" at Whole Foods that are 20 calories each. I spread some pb on those and they are crunchy and delicious.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I like apples or celery with a little peanut butter. I used to be a big soda drinker. Love the carbonation so now for a treat I will drink a bottle of zero calorie sparkling water. It comes in an endless amount of flavors. There is no sugar, sodium or calories in it. A nice treat. otherwise I will drink crystal light once in a while.
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have found the caramel rice cakes to be a life saver at times. 50 calories each, so I am able to eat several of them and satisfy the "crunch" that I need. I also LOVE original hummus, but you have to be careful with the stuff you dip in it (I typically have reduced fat wheat thins around). WalMart has those pre-cut apple slices with caramel dipping sauce for 70 calories...yum. I have found those hostess mini-cakes to be a good fix for the sweet tooth.... I have tried the chocolate and strawberry ones... both good! But the hard part is limiting the amount that I eat. So easy to just open ONE MORE pack.... :)
  • ejsiii
    ejsiii Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stacey's - "Simply Naked" Pita Chips, 10 chips

I find these very satisfying for 130 cals