double jump rope 30DS L2, how do you do it

Options
So I had real trouble with the double jump rope at the end of level 2, if I could consider myself alive at that point, that is, How do you do it? Does a single rope burn lesser calories?

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's just a cardio exercise to get your heart rate up. Just pretend you're skipping with a rope, as fast as you can.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I think you just sort of jump higher and move your arms twice as fast, sounds daft doesn't it. Try and do a couple then just do the ordinary one twice as fast, or however you are able. To me it is mainly a matter of keeping the cardio work out going. All the way through there were times that I just could not do stuff and in order to keep warm I just did steps or something. It didn't put me off tho and I do intend to do it again as the results were well worth it.

Hope this helps just a little.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    I know how you feel! I think you just sort of jump higher and move your arms twice as fast, sounds daft doesn't it. Try and do a couple then just do the ordinary one twice as fast, or however you are able. To me it is mainly a matter of keeping the cardio work out going. All the way through there were times that I just could not do stuff and in order to keep warm I just did steps or something. It didn't put me off tho and I do intend to do it again as the results were well worth it.

Hope this helps just a little.

Thanks a lot! No, it's not daft at all, it's kind of what I thought too. I just single-jumped through all the double-jumps, (while crying looking at Natalie) and kept moving. Today was tough though, I completed a 25 minute video in 35 minutes, it was that tough for me.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I just did the regular jumps, since it's just a cardio exercise. I tried to go a bit faster, but yeah. And don't cry looking at Natalie, she kept cheating throughout the video! I SAW THAT, NAT! lol.

And don't worry about completing it in 35 mins either. I'm on Ripped in 30 now, and I've done 3 great days, and then today went pretty bad. I toughed it out and did NOT give up, but my effort and mind just wasn't as good as it could have been. No worries! Happens to all of us :flowerforyou:

In level 3 of 30DS I didn't even ATTEMPT to do the rockstar jumps. Those were the only exercise I refused to do! I was terrified I'd break my kneecaps, lol.

Good luck and happy shredding!
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Thanks for that! I guess t'll take me some time to get used to the workout. I'm doing it once again, though, just to get used to it.

When Jillian said, "I want you guys to feel like you're dying," I thought, hey, atleast I got one thing right. :P
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I guess t'll take me some time to get used to the workout. I'm doing it once again, though, just to get used to it.

When Jillian said, "I want you guys to feel like you're dying," I thought, hey, atleast I got one thing right. :P

LOL. YUP!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry but I am laughing a sI read these notes. I know exactly how you feel. My OH asked me one time when I cam in from doing 30DS what I was laughing at. I had to reply that I started laughing when I was in pain and I couldn't do it so was laughing as I told JM - NO CHANCE.... Didn't stop me from continuing although I did take closer to 60 days.

Good luck and please do not hurt yourself :smile: :laugh: :smile:
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow !! I'm on Day 7 of Level 1 and you guys are scaring me....
  • capriqueen
    Options
    I am so sorry but I am laughing a sI read these notes. I know exactly how you feel. My OH asked me one time when I cam in from doing 30DS what I was laughing at. I had to reply that I started laughing when I was in pain and I couldn't do it so was laughing as I told JM - NO CHANCE.... Didn't stop me from continuing although I did take closer to 60 days.

Good luck and please do not hurt yourself :smile: :laugh: :smile:

Haha! I know the feeling! Today I did JM for the 2nd time the same day, believe me, I felt much more ready and strong.to do it. believe me. Although when she said we could go jean or bathing suit shopping, I thought I'd rather not wear a bathing suit.

@LisaGirlfriend, Don't worry! If I can do it (I've never played sports as a child, and my gym routines are dismal) you can do it. Hang in there!
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm really glad I'm not the only one. I just keep my eyes on Anita like JM says. :) And hope that one day as I get better at this I can do what Natalie does.

I haven't yet gotten to something where I refuse to do it, but I do sometimes start out doing the harder version of what Natalie does and then having to switch to the modified version. But I start Level 3 next week so we'll see.

Thanks for making me feel like less of a schlub! :flowerforyou:
  • FeatherontheWind
    FeatherontheWind Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started JM 30 Day Shred - Level 2 today also. Jillian really kicked my hiney this morning. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though. I feel like I'll be more prepared by knowing what the moves are now. The double jump rope looked like they were just jumping, maybe a little higher, combined with double time arm work. I kept alternating between that and regular jump rope. I expect to be able to keep up with them by ten days from now when it's time to change to Level 3. I combine this DVD with her 6 Week/Six Pack DVD for a full 60 minute circuit training workout. That one has two levels at 35 minutes each. I'm still on Level 1 with the abs workout.

Watching the Biggest Loser on TV, I always said I would choose Jillian as my personal trainer if I could...and I'm a girly girl...not really athletically tough. I was so happy to discover her DVD's. I get to have her visit me every day! I just love everything about that girl! She has such a great energy and philosophy about life.

Keep up the great work and we'll push through with her together. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • capriqueen
    Options
    I started JM 30 Day Shred - Level 2 today also. Jillian really kicked my hiney this morning. I'm looking forward to tomorrow though. I feel like I'll be more prepared by knowing what the moves are now. The double jump rope looked like they were just jumping, maybe a little higher, combined with double time arm work. I kept alternating between that and regular jump rope. I expect to be able to keep up with them by ten days from now when it's time to change to Level 3. I combine this DVD with her 6 Week/Six Pack DVD for a full 60 minute circuit training workout. That one has two levels at 35 minutes each. I'm still on Level 1 with the abs workout.

Watching the Biggest Loser on TV, I always said I would choose Jillian as my personal trainer if I could...and I'm a girly girl...not really athletically tough. I was so happy to discover her DVD's. I get to have her visit me every day! I just love everything about that girl! She has such a great energy and philosophy about life.

Keep up the great work and we'll push through with her together. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :flowerforyou:

I know, she's really tough! Most people say they're irritated by her constant talking but then it's part of the training so I won't complain. And the workout has helped my appetite too, my overnight binges have greatly improved, my attitude is a lot more positive, and I feel enervated all the time! (Even at night). Today is Day 3 of Level 2. Although I've not really been able to complete the video in exactly 25 minutes (I stop a 100 times to catch my breath), I still try to workout as continously as possible. I have problems with the back and forth lunges---I stop the video, do around 15 and then get back and continue them. I follow Natalie, so the fact that I'm doing something challenging counters the loss of motivation that I'm stopping so many times.

I try to combine it with some lighter cardio/pilates. I'm Thunder Thigh Woman, so the cardio in JM is not enough for them. But it's great! There's a wedding in the family on Feb 14th, so I hope to lose around 8 pounds by then. Here's to us!