Options
    I'm 5'7". Here's me at 160 lbs:
    19313071_1881.jpg

This was me at 190 lbs - about a size 14/16
    19313071_4113.jpg
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my weight story has gone the wrong way in the last fourteen months - a major health problem in October 2011 that kept me in bed for several months caused me to pack on 60 or 65 lbs - but I'll post anyway. For the sake of research. I do like research. :)

Sorry they're not all from good angles - I'm not big on body photos, and don't have a lot to choose from.

August 2011 - around 190 lbs:

2vjxtp5.jpg

January 2012 - around 210 lbs:

30mwzsx.png

July 2012 - around 230 lbs (but weird angle - sorry, my mom doesn't believe in mirrors in this house):

vi7mo.jpg

September 2012 - around 250 lbs:

2jik55.jpg

I don't have one at my heaviest, which was 264 at the beginning of December (and is hopefully lower than that now, but the scales I ordered haven't come). I'm sorry that I have to estimate the weights - we haven't had a working scale at home for years now, and I'm having to rely on the weights I took during gym workouts close to the days that the photos were taken.

Oh, and I'm 5'8".

EDIT: Attempting to resize...
  • HoikyMcDoyle
    HoikyMcDoyle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Judy, I'm not sure the fingers and wrists thing is something that anyone should take into consideration when approximating healthy weight - I've always had stupidly tiny little wrists and slim hands, they haven't changed a bit in either weight gain or loss (at my heaviest I was thirteen stone and I'm about the slimmest I've been at just over nine and a half). I could always wear the same size rings, gloves and bracelets. My bum, however, has changed dramatically ;¬)

Edit: My bad, I think you might have been talking about frame size, not weight, come to think of it.
  • nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    it just still confuses me how these things work,i am 5'8",according to the wrist finger measurement ,i should be either the small or medium frame yet at my highest weight 194-198 lbs i was wearing a size 12US for bottom and a size 10 or small size 12 for tops,i even fit into a medium size top for juniors and a lot of times i see people same height and about same weight wearing a size 16US.does anyone understand how these really works?
  • amgault
    amgault Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ^^ Ahhh it worked!!! Its very large though, sorry about that! Plus, im the brown haired one!! :)

You SO do not need to lose anymore weight! You look incredible!!! Maybe instead of focusing on losing weight what you really want is a more toned look. focus on mild weight training, yoga, and pilates to give you that streamlined look. You are GORGEOUS! Don't focus on the number, focus on you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7.5 and in my profile pic I'm about 151lbs. Size 7 jeans, and a Lg top, which will never change due to chest size.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and this pic I'm 125 pounds. You can see others on my profile. But know that our frames have lots to do with our weight as well. I am small framed. You are doing great! Take it one day at a time. It will come!
  • AshMarie417
    AshMarie417 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it just still confuses me how these things work,i am 5'8",according to the wrist finger measurement ,i should be either the small or medium frame yet at my highest weight 194-198 lbs i was wearing a size 12US for bottom and a size 10 or small size 12 for tops,i even fit into a medium size top for juniors and a lot of times i see people same height and about same weight wearing a size 16US.does anyone understand how these really works?

Im 5'8" also. I have a pear shape. I wore a 16 @ 238, 14@ 210, 12 @ 200 now Im a 10 @ 189. I do have a large frame, 6.75in wrist. Profile pic is @ 205
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to thank all of you AGAIN for your responses! In addition to helping me visualize what healthy weights look like, you have helped me reaffirm what I already know but is hard to really accept:

The scale lies!!

ALL of you look incredible, beautiful, healthy, and fit. I am working HARD to let go of using the scale to measure success because the scale can only measure ONE tiny thing... and that tiny thing really doesn't matter at all.

That's a complete turnaround in thinking for me, so it's a process. Thanks for the visual proof!

Wishing you ALL continued health and success!
  • ethelapple
    Options
    I am 5'7" and would be beyond ecstatic if I weighed in around 175-180. I have a lot of muscle and have always been "denser" than my friends...so I think it depends on your body type.
    For example, my daughter is built the same way. She is 5'1" and only 12 and weighs about 112 lbs. but is slim and solid.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!