Newbie 43 year old mom needs to lose over 100lbs

Hi! I just found this site earlier this week and am very happy to have come accross it! Last time I weighed myself I was 285lbs. I'm 5'2", I would like to get down to 150lbs, so definately have a ways to go. Would love to connect with people with similar stats and get a support system together.

Kat

Replies

• sbozik123456789
    sbozik123456789 Posts: 22 Member
    hey there, I am 33 and have been on for 80 days now, you can add me if you want I love having new friends to encourage :smile:
  • katarra2000
    katarra2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Finally figured out how! I'm still working my way around this site. Great to meet you, I look forward to mutual support :)
  • kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    :flowerforyou: You have already taken the most important "first step" by joining MFP and looking for supportive people! Feel free to add me......................
  • I'm new here too, and i just want to say that I'm here if you ever need a friend. (I don't normally push myself onto others by the way)
    I hope we can do this...actually...scratch that... I KNOW we can do this! :happy:
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    I am 42 year old mum to two girls under 6.
    I've been here for almost two years. Not fastest weight loss. But I haven't gained it back either.
    I'm 5" 4' currently 188ish. First mini goal 175. Second major goal 145-150.
    If I ever get there I plan to make minor adjustments to find my comfortable spot from there.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP!!
  • homechillin
    homechillin Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I am new to here also, need to lose around the same as you but am opting for losing 66lbs initially. FR sent. Look forward to mutual support and the best of luck on your journey. Darren from UK.
  • I am 53 and need the help and support of all. I had heart surgery as my arteries were clogged. I was lucky I did not have a heart attack but was just told my my surgeon if I don't take the wieght off he gives me 2 years to live. Well holy cow pretty scary. I choose to live so losing weight will be my 1st goal then get more active as I lose the weight. I would love to share my journey with you all and get help along the way and hope I can be of help to anyone out there as well. I am 5' 31/2" and weigh 207.5. Can't belive I am putting this out there for all to see. In my picture that is me and my grandaughter making snow angels. I needed help getting up my goal is to make snow angels next year as well and be able to pop up to look down at my angel. lol

Here we go, on the journey of weight loss and fitness.
  • Please add me as a friend as well. I would love to help you and you help me. Good luck on your journey. Stay strong!!!
  • katarra2000
    Thanks! Great to meet you :) Kat
  • katarra2000
    YES WE CAN!!!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Hello You can do this. If you need a friend. Please feel free to add me. When I started I weighed 257lbs. I'm down to 195 so far. So you can do it. Bless your heart Peace
  • katarra2000
    Ok...still trying to find my way around the site. I thought I was responding to individual posts but looks as though I'm responding to my own original post! lol...anyway, great to meet all of you. We can do this with the help and support of other people with similair goals. I look forward to this journey with all of you! Kat
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Im right there with you! I found this site last night and love it! Feel free to add me ( everyone)! Good Luck ! We can do this! we WILL do this! :)
  • kymbeez
    kymbeez Posts: 21 Member
    Hi and welcome! I am a 39.5 year old mom to some crazy kids and their schedules. I also have over 100 to lose. One day at a time :) Feel free to add me as well (anyone can)... I had lost 56 pounds and had surgery and regained 26 of those pounds back, and am working those off before I start the next 50 pounds... Celebrate each pound you lose and set mini goals for yourself...
  • Hi, Im with ya. At 5' and 276. We can both reach our 150 goal.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    I also need to lose over 100 pounds!

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • lisasowndiet
    lisasowndiet Posts: 10 Member
    I also have a lot to lose! I have lost 38 this far and need to lose another 60 is my estimate. Feel free to add me.
  • Name: Jevell G.
    Beginning Weight: 296.4 lbs
    Goal: 190
    Total weight loss needed: 106.4 lbs
    Height: 6' 2"
    Day: 26 (started December 10, 2012)

I would like to add more friends to keep me motivated. I am currently a graduate nursing student at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Please feel free to add me. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jevell