HELP. I need something sweet. Need... CHOCOLATE D:

Options

Replies

• Irenedavis
    Options
    Try a low cal hot choc drink and top with a tblsp of spray cream ...sprinkle on top the cream a light dusting of cocoa or cinnamon...and a delicious chocolate fix for very few calories! Try it...
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    what calms my cravings and works for my sister who has lost major weight is fat free cool whip with cocoa powder or a teaspoon- table spoon of chocolate syrup. After you mix the two a bit you can refreeze to make it more like ice cream or just eat is cold from fridge. Its really good and with the syrup its really chocolaty. I believe one table spoon of syrup is 50 calories and 2 table spoons of the fat free cool whip is 20 calories.
  • cleomouri
    cleomouri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1590771400/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Z8W5MT6TYZ7KSRE779D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Fan-freaking-tastic cookbook. I think the most any single desert has in calories is 190 and many are much much less.

I sent Red Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting with my husband to work the other day as one of his co-workers just found out she was expecting. Each cupcake was only 180 cal and that included the topping. He never told his co-workers that they were a healthy-for-you version and no one noticed the difference. Some even said it was the best red velvet cupcake they'd ever had.

Typically this same type of cupcake packs in around 500 cals.

My fav recipe so far is the Two-Bite Lemon Poppy seed Scones. Only 60 cals each and delicious. First time I tried them, if I hadn't actually made them myself, I wouldn't have believed there wasn't sugar in them.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Love this thread.

For me it's 1 cup of fat free plain yogurt, Hershey's Cocoa Powder
    and Splenda. Add nuts if you like, a bit of PB if you like it.

Switch the yogurt to milk if you like hot choclate. (not so sure if the pb or nuts would do well there, though!)

But sometimes, the real thing is the best thing.
  • Garlicmash
    Options
    I eat a flump marshmellow when I need a sweet fix,they have only 30 calories each
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Chocolate tea is yum.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest some dark chocolate....many pieces of dark chocolate on here but don't take the ones on my list. :)
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I really like Chocolove dark chocolate bar with almonds and sea salt. 1/3 of the bar is 159 calories. It's a splurge, but once in a while it isn't bad.
  • sassmo
    sassmo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump. Going to have to try some of these recipes.
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice - Fudge Bar 90 calories and taste great
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I eat ice cream every night, because I love it and I make it fit. Nothing wrong with sugar and chocolate at all.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    There's no way I could go the rest of my life without sweets. No way. No how. I've tried that route and all I do is binge eat junk food. Better to have something when I want it, fit into my calories and call it a day. So... my advice is.. find the sweet thing you REALLY love, have a serving of it, log it and move on.
  • beckyb0724
    beckyb0724 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream bars.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow fudgesicles - 50 calories each!

I eat something sweet every day and so far no harm done.
  • I don't disallow anything from my diet, I just eat less of it, however this is a new snack that I've just conjured up today that could help you if you're looking for something sweet but still good for you!
    1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a sachet of hot chocolate powder mixed through and sliced fruit on top. High protein. Low fat. Tastes like chocolate pudding. You can even put it in the food processer to get the lumps out to make it more pudding-y if you like.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    HI THERE.......THIS MIGHT HELP...IT DID IT FOR ME AND MY GRANDKIDS LOVE ME TO MAKE THEM WHEN THEY VISIT......YOU CANT GO THROUGH LIFE WITHOUT A NICE TREAT!!!!
    THIS IS A THREAD I COPIED A WHILE BACK.....

I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!

THEY ARE FAB WITH A LITTLE NATURAL YOGURT AND HONEY ON TOP!!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are, but in Canada at least we have these special K fruit crisps, my fav is strawberry!!! But they also have a chocolate flavor which satisfies that craving :) It's 2 little waffer type bars in a pack and they have chocolate inside and drizzled on top. The 2 crisps are only 100 calories!!! They are located around the granola bar section at the grocery stores here :)
  • Dragonha
    Options
    Fiber one makes some really good brownies. And only 90 calories each!
  • RebeccaHite
    RebeccaHite Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    what about pudding instead of candy not too high in calories right?
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Also, some pudding cups are only 100 calories which can work for me! And fitting in 100 calories isn't hard :)