I have to change something NOW!

Options
I am 25 years old, married and a mother of five children (3 of my own and inherited 2 wonderful step sons). I am 5-9 and weighed in at 290lbs! YIKES! I was always relatively thin, in high school before I had my first child I was still 5-9 and weighed 155, so I was healthy. Having babies and living a very inactive lifestyle has totally changed me! I want to feel good about myself again, I am tired of always being tired, never having any energy to chase my munchkins around or clean the house. I am ready for a change! Looking forward to having support in this group and supporting others!!

Replies

• SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Welcome! There are some wonderful supporters here from what I've seen the last few days :)
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. Stick with it. I am 28, and I have 3 little boys. I'm on a journey to get healthy too! :flowerforyou:
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Make yourself a priority!
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Glad you are making a positive change in your life! Feel free to add me if you want to -- I am 30, married, and my husband & I are both doing MFP to change our lifestyle for the better & to be around a long time for my stepdaughter :)
  • aliciabrown583
    Options
    Thank you all so much! This weight has been a constant issue with me, and it is something I am tired of and ready to get under control. I just have a hard time sticking to things, but I know I have to make a lifestyle change and not just try to diet, this is the hard one for me, but I know that I have to do it. I do need to make myself a priority, even if it is hard with five kids and a needy husband ;) Thank you all!! :)
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Change is good and helpful. Welcome and just do the best that you can. Remember its a journey not a sprint!!
  • angelizer
    Options
    its hard work to put yourself first i still feel bad about it sometimes when i leave the house a mess in order to have time to work out but have to remind myself that i work just as many hours as my fiance does and if its ok for him to come home and do nothing to help out around the house then its fine for me to take 30mins to an hour for myself too :smile:

feel free to add me :happy:
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! making yourself a priority is good for the kids & your husband too... You're modeling good eating and fitness and showing the kids how to respect themselves and eat right by being that example for them :) Thinking of that helps me commit to a healthy dinner even if I slipped earlier in the day... or it helps me choose to exercise so I can be a good role model... At least those are things that help me when I have trouble doing it just for myself :)