Fellow nerds, lend me your status updates

Options
I'm looking for more active friends, hopefully nerd-inclined. I love all things sci-fi and video game related, and am also an avid reader. If you're not a nerd but are active and don't mind an extracurricular status' update here and there, I like you too. I have a good group of friends, but the longer I'm on here the more quiet they have become. I miss the active news feed!

Friend me so I can e-stalk you and compliment you/praise you/tell you how good you smell. Please and thank you.

Replies

• Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Then you will love this: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Huge sci fi/comics/all things Internet here, feel free to add
  • toniraew
    toniraew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me. One of the main reasons I want to trim down is so I can wear fun, sexy costumes at all the Cons we attend. AND I need major help getting motivated to get off my work chair in front of the computer, or in front of the TV.

The cons we attend? Glad you asked:
    GallaxyFest (Colorado Springs)
    StarFest (Denver)
    ComicCon (Denver)
    DragonCon (Atlanta)
    MileHi Con (Denver)

And then there is Ren Faire, where I met my hubby 11 years and 50 pounds ago. He LOVES me in my bodice. But none of them fit the way I want them to any more. It's time to get BACK into them. AND, I want to get into the corset I bought and love, but never was really able to wear.

Looking forward to the company on this new journey.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Nerd right here!
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm what some would call a "pretty closet nerd".... I'm so into astrophysics it's kind of amazing. Plus my BF is a huge gamer and knows more about what's beyond what the Hubble can tell us than I do :-) If you don't mind CFL related status updates when the season comes back, feel free to add me :-)
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Nerd here :)
    I'm a gamer (play SWTOR currently... and a couple little other games here and there)
    Love sci fi (thinking Babylon 5 for my bike ride show... what do you think?)

Anyhow feel free to add :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    check out geeks and sundry on youtube
  • TCondor
    TCondor Posts: 88
    Options
    Does having a full size, hand knitted Fourth Doctor scarf qualify for nerd status? How about both the TV series & recent movie versions of Hitchhiker's Guide on DVD (complete w/two movie versions of the Marvin action figure.)?

Always looking for more nerd freinds trekking the fitness-verse. So, youcandooeet and anyone else here feel free to add me.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "Doesn't matter how long you've lived in New York, it's still fun to look up and pretend all the buildings are giant, severed robot penises" - Liz Lemon

Does using this phrase in my everyday life qualify me as a nerd??:bigsmile:
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a nerd :blushing:

Gamer (GW2) and sort of a scientist...
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, but anyone else feel free to add me. Closet nerd and Dr Who fan.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I get all the "nerd" jokes on Big Bang Theory.

My teen sons are impressed by my knowledge of comic book lore. Star Trek (all of them watched 1st run). Just got around to Firefly. (What an awesome show.)

Can you be a geek over 50 if you're the one who owns the basement?
  • FoundxFocus
    FoundxFocus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Nerd powers unite! Yea, I'm kind of a nerd. I should get a treadmill so I can work out and watch Doctor Who at the same time :)
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Closet geeky guy, I love gaming and MMOs. DnD, xbox 360, 3DS, etc.
    I also love manga books and until recently I worked for the Doctor Who Experience attraction in London as head of security :)

I welcome anyone that would like to support each other to add me :)
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a nerdy goth looking for new friends as well! I love LOTRO, 3DS, Xbox 360, crafting, comics and I love reading as well. I sent you a friend request btw ^__^
  • rose_turtle
    rose_turtle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i'm addicted to reading and sci-fi tv/movies. my husband and i also play games regularly. feel free to add me!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a nerd :blushing:

Gamer (GW2) and sort of a scientist...

ok I have to ask, what does sort of a scientist mean?
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Video game and comic book nerd here! if anyone wants to add me I have no problem with it
  • magdalen13
    magdalen13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "Doesn't matter how long you've lived in New York, it's still fun to look up and pretend all the buildings are giant, severed robot penises" - Liz Lemon

Does using this phrase in my everyday life qualify me as a nerd??:bigsmile:

Haha that actually just makes you awesome!
    OP and any others, feel free to add me -- My geekery includes comic cons, Doctor Who, sci-fi & fantasy, and, well, lots of other stuff :)
  • slcuga
    slcuga Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nerd checking in! Hoping to finally wear a sexy costume to DragonCon this year!!