have a disgusting question

Options
Okay so I have a question. I have been having really bad side pains and I think it's because of all of the fiber. I know I have gas but I can't actually fart at work so I have been holding it in and it's been hurting do you have the same issues?

Replies

• cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    That would definitely make you gassy...I have the same problem especially when eating salad! but DON'T hold them in...you need to pass gas...I feel wrecked from doing that and its not good for your system at all....I don't know much about why so hopefully someone else can explain it...If you have to just use the bathroom and let er rip :)
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What kind of fiber are you eating? Fruits and veggies don't make me gassy. Fiber One products made me nearly explode!!
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Maybe try GasX or Beano to help with the gas.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Why can't you fart at work? I'm sure everyone else does. lol
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Lol well the police officers do but not the ladies in dispatch. Also I have tried going to the bathroom but it's in the same room and for some reason everytime I go in there the girls go in the kitchen and they are loud to so I don't know what to do.
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Try some mint tea it works wonders !!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Pamela xxx
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lol well the police officers do but not the ladies in dispatch. Also I have tried going to the bathroom but it's in the same room and for some reason everytime I go in there the girls go in the kitchen and they are loud to so I don't know what to do.

Tough being a woman, sometimes-- no?

Wouldn't it be nice to just be Shrek-- "Better out than in, I always say."
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    GasX and Beano help. I am the same way in terms of privacy but try to find a place where you can relax and release.

D
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A diet high in veggies and fruit is high in fiber and YES it can make you gassy till you become acclimated to your new healthier diet. I say just excuse yourself to the restroom while this is going on and eventually your body will get used to all the amazing fiber.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I had irritable bowel syndrome for a while... and when I went to the doctor he said that I needed to increase my fiber. BUT, he said not to increase it too fast otherwise it causes bloating and gas. He said to gradually increase my fiber overtime. So, if you've recently increased your fiber, you may want to gradually increase it instead. Not sure if that helps, but I thought I would let you know! :flowerforyou: Hope your problems get better soon!
    Options
    That is one thing I hate about being a woman it is acceptable for men to do whatever but woman it's not. Craziness that is one thing I hope I find a guy that doesn't mind all of the natural issues a woman has.
  • maz81
    maz81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    peppermint tea is supposed to be great for wind
    have tried it myself in the past worked great especially while i was pregnant also really relieves the uncomfortable heavy feeling
    give it a go!
    921545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • deleriumsdelight
    Options
    Just fart. And laugh about it. Say, "Well, the guys do it all the time." Someone has to take a stand for a woman's right to let one rip.
  • knightl
    knightl Posts: 14
    Options
    LOL That made me laugh. "wind"

Changing my diet has made me USE the bathroom a lot more, but as for gas, thankfully, I haven't had that problem! Mint tea IS supposed to be good for that, though, plus it tastes amazing!
    Options
    Just fart. And laugh about it. Say, "Well, the guys do it all the time." Someone has to take a stand for a woman's right to let one rip.

freakin hilarious love that lol
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options

freakin hilarious love that lol

lol, it is a natural bodily function!
    Dr Oz talked about it on a show, the average person farts so many times in a day!
    lol:blushing:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Practice the art of "Ninja" farting.

Start from a seated position. Look around to see if anyone is watching. Once the coast is clear shift all your weight to one "cheeck". We will refer to this as cheeck #1. Now slowly lean in the direction you shifted your weight. This should create an ample amount of space between cheeck#1 and cheeck#2. At this point a carefully controlled release combine with the aforementioned "ample" space should result in an virtually silent departure of the troublesome gas.

Hope that helps, best of luck!

And remember, practice makes perfect.

P.S. if someone catches you leaning, pretend your trying to look around something that is in front of you and say "That's weird....I thought I saw something."

:laugh:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Start from a seated position. Look around to see if anyone is watching. Once the coast is clear shift all your weight to one "cheeck". We will refer to this as cheeck #1. Now slowly lean in the direction you shifted your weight. This should create an ample amount of space between cheeck#1 and cheeck#2. At this point a carefully controlled release combine with the aforementioned "ample" space should result in an virtually silent departure of the troublesome gas.

P.S. if someone catches you leaning, pretend your trying to look around something that is in front of you and say "That's weird....I thought I saw something."

We used to call this the "one-cheek-sneak."
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Funny, I thought I was the only one doing this! I say let er rip! If it smells blame it on someone else!