Seared Tuna with Wasabi Green Beans

Options
laughingdani
laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
I saw this in my husband's "Men's Fitness" magazine the other day and it sounds soooo good! I am going to try it. It is very lean at only 166cal per serving so you could even add some brown rice to the meal and it would still be low cal. I will add my 'review' of the meal, to this thread, after I have tried it. *crossing fingers* I hope it turns out and I don't burn it! :blushing: I am a big lover of wasabi, but if you are not a fan this may not be as appealing to you. Just thought I would share it.
Thanks
LaughingDani:laugh:

Seared Tuna with Wasabi Green Beans

INGREDIENTS:

•4 sushi-grade tuna steaks (3 oz each)
•salt and pepper
•nonstick cooking spray
•12 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
•1 lemon
•1 garlic clove, minced
•2 tablespoons wasabi paste
•4 scallions (white and green parts), sliced thin on the diagonal
•3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
DIRECTIONS:

1.Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
2.Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper to taste, then spray lightly with cooking spray. When the grill is hot, add the tuna and cook for 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the tuna to a platter and let stand, uncovered, for five minutes.
3.Meanwhile, cook the green beans in the boiling water until just tender, about three minutes; drain.
4.Squeeze lemon juice into a medium-size bowl, add a bit of zest, and whisk together with garlic and wasabi. Add the green beans, scallions, and sesame seeds. Toss to coat, adding salt and pepper to taste.
5.Thinly slice the tuna. Fan each portion onto each of four plates. Pile a mound of dressed green beans on top of the tuna.
Yields 4 servings.

Nutrition: Per serving: Calories: 166, Protein: 23g, Carbs: 11g, Fat: 3.8g, Fiber: 5g.

Recipe from Men's Fitness Magazine.

Replies

• JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    A must try!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
  • laughingdani
    Options
    You're welcome!!
  • got2b
    got2b Posts: 1
    Options
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Posts: 51
    Options
    A must try!!! Thanks for the recipe!!

thanks, but i don't know about that wasabi ingredient
  • hertigerti
    Options
    where can I buy wasabi?
  • laughingdani
    Options
    We have it at our local grocery story. It comes as a paste, more the consistency of a thick mustard rather than the block that you get in restaurants. It is usually in the aisle you would get asian foods and condiments (soy sauce etc.). My brother works in a grocery store so he gets it for me! If anything, just go to the store and ask someone that works there. It seems like wasabi is getting more popular so finding it should be easy. Good Luck, I hope you find some. I can't wait to try the recipe! Another thing, if you can't find wasabi you could probably substitute with regular creamy horseradish.