So what should I do? Need advice this evening.

Options
Check my diary. I have some calories left.
I just finished my huge salad. I don't feel hungry.
Should I eat something else to make uo some calories? Or leave well alone in the hope that I can lose some weight. (I am fed up with not losing since Christmas.)
What do you people think?
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sometimes eating too little can result in not losing. But then again, if you're not hungry, why eat. You know your body best. My only suggestion would be to get more protien in on a daily basis.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on how many calories you have left in the bank. If you just have a couple hundred, skipping would be great and bump you closer toward your goal. If you have, say, more than 400 or so left, you may consider having a small bowl of cereal or a glass of milk (or whatever area your diary says you have a lot of room left on, probably protien and/or carbs) just to keep yourself from waking up in the morning starving and to keep your metabolism up.
  • HunterTrouble
    HunterTrouble Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Skip it. The whole "If you don't eat enough calories you won't lose weight" thing is true if you are consistently under; if you reach your calorie goal every other day, then it will not hurt you to go low once in awhile.

But have a good breakfast planned-you are gonna wake up HUNGRY!
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, you've only eaten 727 calories today, definitely not enough.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your eating is like. I let myself go pretty far under on some days because I tend to go over on the weekends and it'll all balance out in the end. I use a spreadsheet so I know how far under I've been for the week once Saturday rolls around. It's my answer to "cheat days"
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on how many calories you have left in the bank. If you just have a couple hundred, skipping would be great and bump you closer toward your goal. If you have, say, more than 400 or so left, you may consider having a small bowl of cereal or a glass of milk (or whatever area your diary says you have a lot of room left on, probably protien and/or carbs) just to keep yourself from waking up in the morning starving and to keep your metabolism up.

^ This. I will happily go a couple hundred under sometimes. Especially if the reason I'm under is because of exercise calories. It happened a lot during Insanity. If you're not hungry, leave it. If you're not hungry and WAY under your calories, have a little something (milk, peanut butter, banana, protein shake, yogurt, whatever) so you don't wake up miserable and starving tomorrow.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Very low calories and dreadfully low protein and fat!!
    Have a peanut butter sandwich.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You're eating under 1200 calories every day, and only ate 727 today. You need to eat more so your body can get the nutrients it needs to function properly.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    If you aren't hungry - don't eat. Amazing devices, our bodies. Unless you are a lot of calories under and make a habit of doing it every day (being 400 short is not a big deal) then you shouldn't worry about it.

Good luck to you!
  • mollyanne3
    Options
    Keep your goal in mind. If you aren't hungry don't eat!
    Make sure you do eat enough during the day. I read that your caloric intake should be a tad higher every other day to promote weight loss.
    Good luck, keep it up:))