Mother of 3, new baby, desperate to lose baby weight

Options
Hi my name is Danielle, I am a married mother of 3 amazing children. Son Jayden 8, Step Daughter Brooklyn 6, and new baby girl Devyn 5 months. I got married in October 2011 and literally got pregnant on the same day. My pre-pregnancy weight was 154, by the end of my pregnancy I was a whopping 214! I am only 5' 4", I would consider myself somewhat big boned/solid, however you want to put it. I expected to lose more than I have by now, I am currently 190. With my 1st pregnancy 8 years ago, I put on exactly the same amount of weight and it fell off so easily. I was definitely more motivated to lose it . This time I am struggling with it, so I am here looking for some motivation and support.

I battled with PPD after the baby, and being over weight has had a very negative affect on my life, self-esteem, and my marriage. My goal is to get down to 140-145. I would like to focus on losing 2 lbs a week. So here goes week 1. I started the day after new years just tracking my calories, I would like incorporate some exercise also, if I ever find time. Since I work full time it is very difficult to find time or energy to exercise. I figure getting my diet in check is a good way to begin.

I welcome any advice from anyone with my similar situation. Thanks reading and I look forward to this journey and hopefully a skinnier, healthier me in 2013.

Replies

• fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am also a mother of 3 - my baby daughter is 2 months old. I am a little taller and heavier than you. Exercise is my bête noire too. My husband works insane hours, my baby never sleeps, I live in a very remote place (no gyms!) - when am I supposed to exercise?
    I would like to get down to 150lbs in time to visit my in-laws in September.
  • CoachB6
    CoachB6 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your post sounds like me...weight, build, etc. Same weight issues post pregnancy issues (weight and PPD), also. I'm a few years (6) from having my youngest, but I completely understand your struggles. Feel free to add me!
  • bubblysez
    bubblysez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a new mother of my first little one. He is two months old and I put on a couple of stone and havent really lost much. I started on the healthy eating for the last week and fingers crossed I will see an improvement. Exercise is sooooo hard with being so tired with a newborn, I am lucky my husband gives me time, mainly to go for a bike ride.

I hope your journey for losing weight goes well.

Sarah x
  • asaunders1981
    Options
    Hi ladies...I'm in a similar boat. Two young kids, ages 3 and 4, I'm married and work a full-time job AND a part-time job. I find myself with precious little time to do ANYTHING for myself, that includes sleeping and all the rest. My only recommendation is a home work out video. I was weirdly against them for the longest time, feeling like if I wasn't at the gym or out running I wasn't doing enough to make it worth it. And I certainly didn't have the time or the energy to go to the gym so I just didn't do anything for a long time. Until just recently. I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred because of all the success story posts I saw on here, and it's awesome. It's hard, but the thing is is that its 20 minutes long. No joke, you bust your a** and get an awesome work out in 20 minutes. I do it at 9:00 pm right after the kids go to bed, I do it for 20 minutes right before they wake up, I do it with my 4 year old in the room (I give him some cans for weights and he thinks he's working out) when my 3 year old is sleeping, I do it with both of them (it's cute, they really think they are working out and they take up their space and give me mine), and it's literally 20 minutes. That's it. It was easy for me to say I don't have two hours to drive to the gym, work out, drive home, can't just up and leave the family like that every day, blah blah blah, but it's pretty much impossible to say I don't have 21 minutes to run upstairs and throw on my sweats and then do this video. Especially if my kids are like, "mommy! Are we gonna work out today?"
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Asaunders, I love the shred too! But my daughter won't sleep except in my arms. I'll have to wait a few months before I start again.
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    Hi! I'm working on losing baby weight too! 20 out of 33 lbs already gone. Feel free to add me, we appear to have similar goals:)
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm not in a similar situation at all but just wanted to also add my vote for 30 Day Shred, it only takes 20 minutes, you need no real equipment except a weight or two and a floor! If you really want to do it you can always find 20 mins! Good luck x
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HI am I am also a mom of 3 youngest is now 4 mths. I know exactly what you are going through. And I do also like the 30 day shred and the elliptical (which hopefully will have one at home soon, as there is no time for the gym anymore).

Feel free to add me!!
  • MrsKariuki
    Options
    Thank you all for commenting and for your advice. I already feel a little more motivated and not so alone. I am definitely going to check out this 30 day shed. Thanks again everyone nice to meet you all.