Need friends who are in this for the long haul!

Options
I'm a 27 year old mom and a nursing student. I'm 5'8" and when I started I weighed 281 lbs. That is the heaviest I have ever been. I stepped on the scale and said how did I let this happen?! Of corse I knew the answer and I'm the only one that can change it. I've always been on the bigger side but never this big!. 2013 is the year I take control of this problem. I'm in this for the long haul and am going to need a lot of motivation and support from friends as well as give motivation and support. My small goal is 30 lbs but my long term goal is a lifestyle change and a healthy weight. 100+ lbs to lose. Whose with me?! Feel Free to add me!

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am definitely in the same boat as you are. I am at my heaviest weight ever, and I know that I am going to need a lot of support if I want to shed as many pounds as I would like to. What I really want to do right now is be under 200 pounds for the first time since probably freshman year of high school. But we're talking 60+ pounds! I could use the motivation. :)
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    While my numbers may be different from yours, my goal is definately the same.

Good luck!
  • AmandaE0823
    Options
    I understand how hard it is when your in school and everybody around you is loading up on junk food! With all the studying I have to do plus all the mom things i have to do it was so easy to grab fast food for dinner. Theres a gas station next to the school that made fountain soda's super convenient. Then the lack of activity when your sitting in class all day. The weight just seems to creep up fast. I am in this for the long haul and it's definitely a struggle when theres so much temptation around. Good luck on all of your journeys!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 28 and at heaviest I was 302 pounds. I'm currently around 243 and 32 weeks pregnant, hitting the lowest of 227. I'm in it for the long haul, logging in nearly 300 days and determined to shed the baby weight and get the body back I was working on.
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    feel free to add x
  • brittshea9
    brittshea9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! School mkes my life so hectic and really challenging to make wise eating choices. Motivation to workout is tough to come by, too. I need all the support I can get like you.
  • CristinaE721
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well. I am 41, Mom to 3 and a full time nursing student as well...and at my heaviest.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in it! I just passed one year on here and I'm not quitting anytime soon! Please add me :)
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you can add me,i'm new to this too and my initial goal is also to lose 30lbs...x
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in this for the long haul as well. I'm 5'8" and currently down to about 239 (have lost 16lbs so far so it's still early days for me). I'm married with one 6 year old boy and work full time. My weight went up by over 20 pounds in the middle of last year and I felt awful physically and mentally. This time I am working at losing weight slowly, no fad diets. I want to lose the weight in a way that I could then easily swap to maintaining.
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request, I'm also very serious about getting this weight off this time, I've only gone down about 20-25lbs since having my son almost 7 months ago. One of my goals is to get down to my prepregnancy weight by his first birthday, so I have over 5 months to lose 35-40lbs by June 10th & then to go from there. I want to get to my very 1st prepregnancy weight of 190lbs, so I have 80+lbs to lose. Ultimately I'd like to get back down anywhere from 150-175 & I will be very happy. Anyone that would like to add me feel free :)
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I am in this for the rest of my life if I want to live a long and happy one. I also have 2 children that need a good role model.
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I have never weighed more than I did about a week ago... I have already dropped a few pounds but I have 60 more to go to reach my goal weight!

I am in this for life...I know I have to be in order to stay at my goal weight. Feel free to add me! I certainly can use the motivation and I know how much other people need it as well!
  • bruks91
    bruks91 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi. i love this post, i had that same thought. its so easy for it to creep on you isnt it. i too need to lose 100lbs
    its gonna be tough but its for the best. good luck on your journey :)
  • Samblantha
    Samblantha Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I'm 28, 5'6", mom to four, and way too heavy. I want to get down to my wedding weight...170 and size 12 so I'll be here for a long time and I'd love to make some long term friends. :)
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I started in October & I've lost 46 pounds with the help of this community! I have 60 more to lose. I love MFP!!

Good luck to you.
    Michelle
  • Cara1006
    Cara1006 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this and am nearing my highest weight ever. I gained 20lbs in the past year due to a roller coaster of good and bad events (I'm an emotional eater), going back to school full-time and I recently moved to a country where the food and drinks are too good! I'm at 172lbs and at 5'2", I'm hoping to lose 40lbs to get to a healthy weight. I've started walking an hour a day (30min to and from work) and had my first workout in a gym yesterday after avoiding gyms for quite a long time. Here is hoping that we all stay strong, disciplined, supportive to one another and reach our goals!!
  • andread67
    andread67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add me.. I am at the heaviest I have ever been..even after 3 pregnancies..so I am feeling a bit defeated before I start..BUT, I don't intend to stay here...I can use friends and motivation and I promise to give back too!:happy:
  • cbrogdon75
    cbrogdon75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI I'm kinda new, joined a few months back but that bout it. Now I'm really tryin :) I'm 5'4, 220lbs and I hate it. I have a 2yr old lil girl. My doctor informed me that my cholesterol was to high and i needed to get it under control but also I just dont like myself anymore.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the looooong haul. I have been on here 6 mos, lost about 60 lbs which is 1/3 of my ultimate goal. I only want positive friends. With 120 lbs to go I can't afford to be dragged down by a lot of whining and people who threaten to quit every time it gets hard. Sorry if thats blunt.

I am not a friend collector, I like friends that log in daily. I like friends that actually have contact, why send me a friend request and then ignore me? If you don't log in regularly or don't have any intention of actually interacting then dont send me a request.

Any runners? I'm new to running and luv it. Did my first 5k and I'm doing another in a couple weeks! Wouldn't mind some friends that run that are similar to my size. Running as a big girl is no joke, lol.

About me:
    35 yrs old, 5'7
    SW 330
    CW 271
    GW 150

Current goal- to get down to 255