Chinese Buffet

Options
2»

Replies

• huddboro
    huddboro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Keep the suggestions coming D-Day at 7pm tomorrow!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot of damage at the chinese buffet, but there are a lot of great choices too. The one I go to with my family has crab legs.. just skip the butter for dipping. Also you can get any kind of meat or fish grilled for you. They also have a nice spread of oysters and shrimp and octopus along with a lovely salad bar. I also like to get a small spoon or two of some beef and brocolli or kung pao chicken just so I can have some of the chinese food taste... just be careful because they might LOOK healthy but kung pao chicken and beef and broccoli have a LOT of calories. Obviously, skip the chicken wings, Sweet and sour chicken, general's chicken, those sugary fried buns, egg rolls, crab rangoons and pot stickers.
  • huddboro
    huddboro Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looking at soup, spring rolls, boiled rice, noodles and some chicken. Like the crab/seafood idea!
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    Would veggie Spring rolls not be fried? Ideas on mains?

No, spring rolls are not fried. That's why they are a lot healthier than egg rolls. I usually order these (you usually get two) with a half side of white rice. Pretty much anything else you could order from a Chinese restaurant would be full of sodium--even their egg drop soup and stir fry.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tofu dishes are good if not covered in sauce or fried....
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have many friends who believe that Chinese food is low calorie-NOT. I would go on the database and check out some foods you think might be there. I would eat fish,chicken-all not fried and veggies. Crab legs would be great too.Have fun and maybe eat something decadent and eat less the other meals tomorrow and the next day.It is a struggle to always be good but sometimes you have to look at the week's progress and just not a day.
  • kevinrbarger
    kevinrbarger Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is amazingly low in calories and delicious!