5'4''-ish losing weight? (212-140 hopefully)

Options

Replies

• chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3"..weighed 237 Aug 2011 and have now lost 83 so far, goal is 130. Feel free to add me, I am on here every day. My before pics are in my profile. :happy:
  • I'm 5'4" and 131lbs.. trying to lose 26lbs.
  • veggiesaurus15
    veggiesaurus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" You can add me if you want. i've successfully lost 66 pounds since july 2012. i have 34 more to go.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5" and my highest weight in my life was 230lbs. Now I am 142 and I want to be 125. I want to be there by August for my brother's wedding. But I am finally within normal weight range and that feels fantastic!!! I am 41 years old and am probably the healthiest I have ever been. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. :)
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and am trying to get from 146-118 lbs (just started on 2nd Jan). I've been as much as 178 lbs before (11 years ago) and as low as 122 when I initially lost weight 10 years ago and for the last 10 years my weight has fluctuated between 124-148lbs. I am now aiming to get both my weight and body fat right down as I looked good at 122 before but slipped back into old bad habits and now I'm older I know I have to be consistently strict with myself in order to keep the weight off.
  • shewk23
    shewk23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and lost 46 lbs so far... my suggestion is just keep going! And set some goals and when you accomplish those set new goals!
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, so glad i stumbled across this thread! Congratulations to you all on your journeys!

I'm 5'4, at 206lb, and I dont have a specific weight goal in mind, but just want it off! So here's to the first 14lb, and to being in Onderland.

All of the pics are amazing!!

Feel free to add me
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    SW: 235
    CW: 177.75
    GW: 130-135

I started in June, so I've lost these 57 pounds in the last six months.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'4".

My highest weight was 151lbs, I have no pictures of myself at that weight.

Here I am at roughly ~145lbs (January 2012):

America2_zps6a818a4b-1_zpse1a1e14b.jpgedenproject2_zpsd12911de-1_zpsb872a77a.jpg

This is me at 130lbs (August 2012):

IMG_1228_zpscc84afa8.jpg

And this is me at 115lbs (December 2012):

photo4_zps7242482b.jpg
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • chelbivandine
    chelbivandine Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose all that weight
  • victorialkay
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and trying to lose over 70 lbs. I've lost over 20 of those so far. I love looking at everyone's before and afters. It really motivates me to keep going. Any 5'4''ish ladies out there who have had success?

I'm 5.2 and weigh 207 and I want to get to around same as you. i used to weigh 237 and got down to 184 at 1 point by using a pt trainer. eating around 1600 cals' and working out with weights and hard cardio 5 to 6 times a week.

I did use different diets but i found using the idea of "healthy not additives and rubbish kinda foods" worked best. I eat 3 meals a dayplus 2 small healthy snacks and i found that my blood sugar evened out and I wasn't craving or hungry to eat rubbish all the time. I also allowed myself 1 full day off exercise at least and 1 day off dieting a week. having a day off helped me around living a normal life, so if I wanted to go out once a week to friends or for a meal. the day off helped.

Good luck in your endevours and keep your chin up, work hard but also remeber that the scales are not everything, being healthy is the most important and losing body fat is a good way of measuring your losses.

Also do your measurements too every 2 to 4 weeks and don't get too down if you're weight is sticking. As long as you're losing fat your body will look tighter and more toned all over. xx
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm about 5ft 3 and started off around 190 and now at 153 , exercising daily and trying to stay under goal :)
    before....
    lifechanger.jpg

during....
    34lbdown.jpg
    would still like to 7-14 lb x x x
  • RunningMom42
    RunningMom42 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have gone from 194 to 162 since late August. I still have another 30 to go but I've slacked off lately. My next mini goal is to be at -35 by my 35th birthday. That's 3 pounds in less than 2 weeks. I diet much better when my hubs is out of town and he's been home a long time.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it and it will happen. Don't get discouraged when the numbers start to slow down. Remember to track your measurements as well. ETA: 5'4" here!

11007301_4350.jpg

Taken at the end of Nov. im the one in blue :wink: Current Weight is 152 with a goal of 135-140.
    11007301_7526.jpg
  • knittykitty123
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and started at 250 pounds a few weeks ago. I don't have any current photos of myself because I'm way too self-conscious to be in front of a camera. Maybe after I've reached my first weight loss goals. So far I've lost a little weight by cutting out fast food and preparing my own meals from scratch. I'm eating more vegetables and starting each day with a protein shake with fruit. Reading these forums has been very helpful too and i'm trying to become a more active poster. I love tracking my food intake on MFP and making sure I have balanced meals each day.

I love to walk and swim and I'm trying to get myself motivated to start exercising again. Walking was getting painful because of my excess weight so I had to stop that this summer.

Good luck to us all!
  • christa0130
    christa0130 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 236. I started the weight loss journey in November and I have since lost a total of 10 pounds but it's a new year so I reset all my goals and my weight on 1/1/2013 and I've lost 3lbs since then :)

Anyone can add me also :)
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently at 156. Started at 165 at the beginning of December. Goal weight is 135, but I could go down to 130, maybe 125, depending on how I feel. Quit smoking 9 months ago, so I did gain some weight from that, too. But I had already been putting on extra weight (I was always around 125-130 comfortably for years),

I mainly ride my exercise bike or walk/jog on the treadmill (I prefer to walk outside, but it's so cold in NY right now). I also like to do some tv workouts like Gilad's shows. I'd like to add some weight training as well. I do it all at home.

Feel free to add me. I log on daily and love to give and get encouragement. :)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", went from 165 i'm at 130 right now. Staying active, changing up my workout routine every 3-4 months so I don't get bored. 1200 calories a day with no workouts, up to 1600cals depending on what kind of intensity workout i did that day. Know when it's time to take a break but stay at maintenance calories....say NO to gaining! Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!