About FOUR years in maintenance! WOO! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic inspiring story and I think that quote might just be my new mantra - Focus on Change, focus on change! Thanks for sharing that!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    "If you focus on results you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results."

This must remember thank you for showing us that it didnt happen overnight and you are still learning and growing.

Beautiful!
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, thank you for sharing, this is really inspirational.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tami! You are an inspiration.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. I am pretty close to goal, and I am really scared of maintenance. I don't want to fall into any bad habits and have the weight sneak back on. IF you can do it while going through "stuff," surely I can do it too.

Keep up the good work. And good luck w/ your continuing journey.
    I was afraid of it too. I had no idea how to eat more than I was to lose...but not eat too much. But I found the balance.I had also made a promise to myself to not be obsessive about it. To not just focus on being skinny and never enjoy life. So I gave myself a "leeway". I enjoy holiday foods, fun, etc...and just keep it somewhat in control and exercise a lot. Making "the norm" be healthier and better for you and exercising as much as you can allows for the fun times too. Lets face it, food is a fun part of life. I didn't want to never have birthday cake or holiday fudge, etc...I just balance it out. Again, it's not all or nothing.

Best of luck!! :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    These maintenance posts are even more thrilling than the before and after ones to me...it is great to see the success being carried right through...way to go!
  • macdiver
    macdiver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations in successful maintenance especially with some extremely stressful life situations. I love the quote about change. Do you know where that came from?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!