Hipbones or curves?

Options
I have always wanted the hourglass figure. It's so incredibly sexy and I've even considered plastic surgery but considering it's hard enough to pay bills, I wouldn't be able to pay on another bill too. I feel like if I can't have the hourglass figure, then I want to be thin. Sexy hipbones, skinny stomach. What's your desired shape?

Replies

• WelshMaid
    Options
    I hate being an apple shape....no bust, big belly and slim hips.I want to shove my belly either to my bust or my bum ;-)
  • hannah_alfie
    Options
    I want a thigh gap, I already have one but it's small:( my hip bones stick out a little too, I think I'm an hour glass, I just want my thigh gap to be bigger and my hip bones to stick out more:p
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I´ve always had a bigger bottom for smaller top. I wish I wouldn´t lose from breast and skoulders and store every single gram gained on my thihgs. So my idea of perfect shape would be... better ballanced and, I admit, ethereal.
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of an apple shape, weight gained will mainly go to my stomach. I want to get rid of the fat rolls I have when Im sitting down. I just want to look less soft and squishy as I have alot of muscle but its all covered :smile:
  • TheTenderizer
    TheTenderizer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm BALL shaped. I honestly don't know what my body shape would be. I've never been skinny enough to see. I want the sexy kind of curves. Marilyn Monroe curves.
  • whenshesmiles1206
    Options
    I have hipbones and a thigh gap and I consider myself to have the body of a twelve yr old boy because my boobs are an A. I guess it may just be true that "the grass is greener on the other side" but I think curves are so sexy and beautiful. Curves are mature and make you look like a lovely lady, whereas being skinny(as I'm told daily) can make you look like and 11 yr old girl. Being a short and skinny teen doesn't really do much in the looking like a grown up category.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't give much thought to shape type. I just know I don't want to be fat, and I want to be fit (not just thin). I love seeing my body toned (NOT overly muscular). I used to be thin, before I got FAT, but I had never been fit. Now, I'm pretty fit, while still working on it. :)
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i agree with the person that said she just does not want to b fat. however.......... i would love some hips and a booty :tongue: but more than anything....well maybe not more than having a booty...i would love to be toned and fit, b able to lift any heavy thing while being increaidbly feminine and sexy, being able to run a 10k or better yet a half mary. yup
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to be kind of an hourglass shape before but now with all the fat clinging to my tummy and hips and weight loss starting from my boobs I'm more of a pear. But I hope that once I get to my goal weight I'll be more of an hourglass again.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have an hourglass shape. Problem is, I have a saddlebag of excess skin hanging on my stomach from having kids. So, this hourglass shape ain't so sexy. ;) lol
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a booty and big boobs. Even at my smaller sizes I have wide hips and thicker thighs - I know I'll never be that skinny girl with the thigh gap. I used to want that because that's what EVERYONE that was beautiful and that's what I saw in Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Shape, etc.

Now that I'm an adult, I've realized that we all have different body shapes and types. I'm 5'1. My hips are wide and I have a very short torso - I'll NEVER have an hourglass shape. There's no space for the waist required for it. My waist = ribcage. And then, almost immediately, are my big boobs again. SO - I'm going for a healthier version of the curvy me. I have no idea what I'll look like, but as long as I'm not the 100 lbs overweight I am now and I can fit into everyday clothes, that's what I'll be happy with.

Personally, I think thigh gaps and hip bones are really over rated. I've certainly learned that there's no one size fits all when it comes to body shape or what's attractive. Some like a skinny girl, others like curves. I may not be able to have the real hourglass shape, but it will be my shape.
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    I am at the in between stage at the moment. I can see my bones around my hips, ribs and collar area but my legs are kinda curvy and I still have boobs (only just). I would rather be curvy and healthy at the same time :) x x
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a booty and big boobs. Even at my smaller sizes I have wide hips and thicker thighs - I know I'll never be that skinny girl with the thigh gap. I used to want that because that's what EVERYONE that was beautiful and that's what I saw in Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Shape, etc.

Now that I'm an adult, I've realized that we all have different body shapes and types. I'm 5'1. My hips are wide and I have a very short torso - I'll NEVER have an hourglass shape. There's no space for the waist required for it. My waist = ribcage. And then, almost immediately, are my big boobs again. SO - I'm going for a healthier version of the curvy me. I have no idea what I'll look like, but as long as I'm not the 100 lbs overweight I am now and I can fit into everyday clothes, that's what I'll be happy with.

Personally, I think thigh gaps and hip bones are really over rated. I've certainly learned that there's no one size fits all when it comes to body shape or what's attractive. Some like a skinny girl, others like curves. I may not be able to have the real hourglass shape, but it will be my shape.

:drinker:
  • angelacooper3
    angelacooper3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have an hourglass shape. Problem is, I have a saddlebag of excess skin hanging on my stomach from having kids. So, this hourglass shape ain't so sexy. ;) lol

Same here, proper mummy tummy. It's just the belly I have issues with. The rest of it I'm pretty happy with though a few inches off my *kitten* won't be a bad thing :)
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've always been fond of a girl with junk in her trunk :)
  • enigmatickitty
    Options
    ...An hourglass figure has nothing to do with hipbones. It just means that your hip to waist difference is 9 inches or more and your bust is about the same as your hips when measured.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My desired type is whatever my body is going to look like at 20% bf. I have a butt and probably will not lose it because I am doing squats, but if I do, I will love whatever I have.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Both. When I was a bit thinner, I had both. It's not an either/or for me.

But keep in mind that loudly proclaiming one over the other is a bit shaming to those who cannot manage one or the other. Body shape is to a fairly large extent genetic. While I might get some hipbones (which I do admit to loving), I will never be "thin" in the way that models are. I have big tits and wide hips and there ain't nothin' I can do about it.

The other way around for many women that just weren't born curvy, but that doesn't keep them from being beautiful in my eyes. I like ALL the ladies. In fact, the women I am attracted to have smaller breasts and smaller frames, yet I love my own body with its fabulous curves. Sexual preference is a curious thing.

Which is another thing to make note of. It doesn't matter what people on here say. It's all up to personal preference and that's just the way it is.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Uhh.. You do realize hip bones will like stab your man in some uncomfortable places when y'all are getting down?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yeah we are what we are though. I'll never be an hourglass either, I'm a banana with a short torso, long legs, and a thigh gap (I could care less about that). Just get healthy and you'll look good for your shape. :)