Newby needing support

Options
2»

Replies

• krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm here and happy to see you! Feel free to add me, guys. I'm back after Christmas and ready to lose those last 30-40 pounds (I've lost over 60 so far, so I can definitely relate with the large weight-loss goals!)
  • prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any of you feel free to add me. I am on every day and having friends on MFP is a definite help! :flowerforyou:
  • terrygran
    Options
    I would love to help. I have about 50 pounds to lose and I love to cook. You can make food without buying diet stuff. Small changes are the way. Drop soda for diet or water. Yogurt instead of mayo in recipes, mustard instead for sandiwches. Multigrain sandwich thins have half as many calories as two slices of bread. There are tons of ways.
    I would invest in a kitchen scale to make sure you are getting the portions right.

Add me if you wish.
    TG
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new as well :) Well, actually I'm on day eight or so. I have the app but just set up my profile on here the other day lol. I have over 100 pounds to lose as well. Right now I just want to get to 200, then I'll set a new goal. We can and will do this! :D
  • terrygran
    Options
    I've been pondering posting lower cal recipes that I have adapted or found in blog posts. Would anyone here be interested in seeing such a thing?
  • confuzzled13
    Options
    Hi. I'm new too. Needing to lose 15kg which I think is about 33 pounds. Anyone feel free to add me. Rachel.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I can be a supportive MFP friend. Send me a friend request and I will help the best I can.

Best of luck to everyone! :heart:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    hi there i know that the first few days, weeks and even months can be and will be hard. For me personally logging my food for the first time and seeing how calorie dense my choices really were came as a shock to me. You can try and change your habits overnight but unless you have steel willpower it probably won't work out for you. What I did and what I see a lot of others doing is just log your food honestly like you have been for a few days and here and there when you can make a healthier choice instead of something less nutritious. Substitute a meal at a time and gradually add in more nutritious choices, do the same with exercise. Start with something casual, walking maybe. Do it for however long you can depending on your personal level and upgrade every week or so. add in more time, more distance a faster pace. Eventually you will ready for more challenging workouts and eventually eating in your calorie goal (if you are cutting/ cutting calories ) will become much easier for you.

Also don't think like "oh i have 100 lbs to lose it will take so long" break it up into smaller goals. Do mini goals of 10 or 20 pounds that way you won't feel overwhelmed :) Be patient! this will take some time but I think you will find that it is worth it to keep working towards your goals!!

Drink lots of water and good luck!!
  • PammeFl
    Options
    I've been pondering posting lower cal recipes that I have adapted or found in blog posts. Would anyone here be interested in seeing such a thing?
    I would! I would!