burning calories

Options
Does anybody know how many calories a person burns throughout the day just, you know, walking around, working, running errands? How many calories does your body just burn all by itself. Does that make sense? Sigh... I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to take more calories off my food diary so I can have a couple glasses of wine. And maybe a piece of cheese.:blushing:

Replies

• willswife10
    Options
    I have a Pedometer that I got from Amazon, it is very accurate. It tracks how many steps I take, how far I go in miles and how many calories I have burned. I love it, I wear it all the time, even when I go on a run/walk. The name of it is Omron walking style. Hope this helps.
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say, don't forget that in the exercise database you can use "cleaning" and "gardening" for exercise. I've used that on the days when I know all I've done is majorly clean house all day or worked outside. Was nice since it did give me my excuse for a bite of candy or a glass of Merlot! Good luck to you!
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say, don't forget that in the exercise database you can use "cleaning" and "gardening" for exercise. I've used that on the days when I know all I've done is majorly clean house all day or worked outside. Was nice since it did give me my excuse for a bite of candy or a glass of Merlot! Good luck to you!

Good to know that those are on there! Sometimes you do break a sweat cleaning up the house! Especially good to know since I usually am not exercising on the days that I'm giving the house a good cleaning. :smile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've counted the calories burned from longer periods of walking. Like on Sunday I went to an outlet mall that was pretty large and I was doing some solid leisurely walking for over 2 hours. Since I'm normally sitting at my desk during the day and on the couch at night, I count something like that.
  • Pinksapphire74
    Options
    In the tools section of this website there is a BMI check and BMR check, the BMR will tell you from your weight, height and how active you are, what you would burn if you did nothing the whole day. Hope it helps you:)
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check out the tools and I gotta get me one of those pedometers.
  • koneill
    koneill Posts: 26
    Options
    Does anybody actually record their BMR calories in their food or excercise diary?
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    This depends a lot of your weight and your activity level throughout the day. Obviously if you have a desk job you aren't going to burn as many calories as someone who has a physical job. I got a HRM for about $60 and I found at work I burn about 2000 calories. Thats just 8 hours at work though not the rest of my day.