newbie here :) 5'2 and a whoppin 218lbs lol can i do it

Options
Hiya everyone. Just thought id introduce myself..

im currently 218lbs. the heaviest iv been in my life. i feel super disgusted whenever i look in the mirror. I no longer own a tall one its that bad! Im a mommy of 1 (i wasnt this big when i was pregnant)

I totally must and need to lose weight. im not sure i can however. How do i lose sooo much weight. i need to lose almost half of me to be healthy... :(

Replies

• jennifernoel1024
    Options
    Hi there! I know how you feel, I'm feeling the same way - no long mirrors in my house either! I'm a newbie too, starting over with my journey. Good luck to you!
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting over and know exactly how you feel. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Try not to focus on the whole amount you want to lose. Focus on little increments, maybe 5 or 10lbs at a time. Little by little, it will come off. Stay strong and KNOW that you WILL accomplish your goal. You can do this :-))
  • charovnitza
    Options
    You can do it! There are many people here who have done it, and continue to thrive. Take it one day at a time, and if it's a tough one day, take it one minute at a time. I find recording my food every day keeps me in line. Good luck on your trip to weight loss and health :)
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are the same stats as me... we can do this! Focus on little accomplishments and change small things little by little. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 3/4" on a tall day, and i got down to 145. then i gained a lot back, now i'm 176 and here we go again!

we can do it!
  • IndianaGirlEats
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here too and in the same boat, except I have a foot in a cast. At least we are all trying to do something about the situations we are in. Hang in there, keep at it, and make it happen! :)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi there, well 1st make some friends in different stages in weightloss , this will help you get help with exercises and diary ideas. You should log everything you put in your mouth.Add carbs, sugar, fiber, fats to your diary to help you keep track. Most important you need to get moving, aim for 30-60 minutes of some cardio 5 times a week. Lot's of water ...Goodluck
  • deedawn213
    Options
    Of course you can do it. I lost 87 lbs. 5 years ago and have maintained my goal weight. The first thing you need to do is to throw the word "diet" out of your vocabulary. As long as you see it as a diet, you will yo-yo or gain back all that you lost. You have to see it as learning to use food instead of food using you. You can do it!!!! :smile:
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over, you can add me if you want. I take one day at a time and try to fit in some exercise everyday. Even if it is marching in place during commercials on TV. I am trying to lose 5 lbs this month. That is how I am looking at it. I log everything even if it hurts, and drink lots of water. I limit my carbs because I am a diabetic and would rather eat cups of veggies than 1 slice of bread or a cup of rice. You can do this, take baby steps. Eat more veggies, drink more water. Take one thing and work it this week, for example drink 8oz of water before each meal with 8 oz of water during meals. Next week add a salad to each meal and limit the dressing (I use 1 Tbsp and and water, whisk it and then put it on my salad, you get the taste without all the calories). No more negative talk, ( I can't do this, it's hard, I always fail) You can do this.
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I started at 221, lost 10 lbs and found this website, and I have lost a total of 61 pounds. Took me a year and a half so far because I always lose weight slowly. Just remember....DO NOT GIVE UP...It will happen for you too.! My scale now says 160 and I hope to keep losing and keep toning.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it! I am 5'4" and i started at 212. I lost 85 pounds last year.
    Set little goals, maybe 5 pounds for your first goal, and then make the next one under 200.
    The more you lose the more motivated you will be.
    Log your food every day. That helps alot to see what you are actually eating.
    And if you fall off the wagon, pick yourself up and jump right back on.
    Never give up.
    Good Luck.............You can do it.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Can you- absolutely. Just know it will take time. Make sure to eat enough. Not everyone does well on 1200 calories. Do your homework on helthy eating and exercise. There are many ways to go about it - and lots of good advice (along with lots of opinions) on here. Do some searches on MFP as there is tons.

You will have some off days and that is ok. We all have them. And we all have to deal with life stuff such as vacations, weddings and funerals etc that challenge us on making healthier food choices. Just do your best and then get right back at it when life settles down. Feel free to add me if you need support or encouragement.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm the same! I have 100 to lose to get healthy and it is overwhelming but we can do it! :)
  • petitenpudgie66
    petitenpudgie66 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You sure can! I didn't have as much to lose but I'm 5 ft nothing and lost 40 lbs in 4 months (using WW). The biggest change you can make is to write down EVERY SINGLE BITE you put in your mouth. Do not cheat on yourself. You will be shocked at how little things add up. Try to make it a game to eat as much food as you can that has the least calories but the most nutrition. Let me tell, you, there is nothing like going to put on your pants, only to have them fall to the floor because you've lost so much weight. It empowers you! You CAN do this! One step at a time, one bite at a time.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Don't look at the whole picture. You lose it like you gained it 1lb at a time. My daughter is only 5'6" and she weighed 285. She has lost 65 lbs!!!! Of course she has more to lose. Take advantage of everything available to help. Friends on mfp, educate yourself about food and exercise., use a digital scale, meditate on your vision of the future, exercise at a pace that gets your heart rate up and work up to more, change the mindset of "being on a diet " to this is the rest of my life. Living healthy. My daughters name on here is megziejo. I know she would be glad to encourage you
  • hanngart
    Options
    It is over welcoming, but take it one pound at a time and it doesn't seem so scary. im 5'3 and went from 196 to 149 and still going strong. (:
  • KLaurenW
    KLaurenW Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over! Ive got about 60lbs to be comfortable and 80 to be normal weight. Hang in there. We all need motivation. Any
    one feel free to add me!
  • pbrueggemann1985
    Options
    I'm new, too! I'm 5'4" and weigh 215. And I used to be 140 four years ago. That's the goal now! We can do this. Feel free to add me and we'll encourage each other on this journey. :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You can do this, and you're gonna be so excited when you start going. I know I was.

You are going to be eating wonderful, nutritious food.

Enjoy your journey!