5'4''-ish losing weight? (212-140 hopefully)

Options

Replies

• deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! First of all, congrats on beginning your journey! You CAN do this and you WILL succeed!!!

I am 5"4 and started at 225. I got down to 155 by December 8th; 70lbs gone in about 9 months! For the first several months i was limited as to what i could do after recouperating from an injury and surgery. I unfortunately put about 9 lbs on (almost all waiter weight) right after that due to being sick and the holidays. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day, but when i checked this morning i was already down to 157 again. I workout hard and eat clean (and eat a lot!)! My goal is to be anywhere between 115-130. It really depends on my bodyfat %. I am training to compete in figure/bikini competitions.

Good luck and feel free to add me if you need support!

Denise
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" trying to get to 125! I have like 40 pounds to go! I am working harder for this then I ever have before. This may sound really vain in a way but I'd like to be 125 before my husband and I start trying for kids. That way before i am pregnant I am in the habit of working out and eating healthy. It will help keep me active and healthy during the pregnancy and after as well! I told him I wouldn't get pregnant until we accomplished 4 things: 1) get a dog 2) buy an SUV 3) buy a house and 4) me weighing 125. 1 and 2 are completed, 3 and 4 we are working on!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 c: I've lost 51 pounds in the last year and about 4 pant sizes ^-^ My goal is to be a size 8. I don't tend to go by what the scale says.
  • jenilei08
    jenilei08 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im 26 years old and I weighed 195 for awhile and hated it ... I have been using MFP for awhile on and off now and lost 5.4 lbs and still want to lose 70 lbs ... My goal weight is 120-130 by this summer ..
  • lizzstewartt
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest I weighed 211lbs. About a year and a half ago I lost over 30lbs, but didn't keep it off. Now I'm weighing in at about 190lbs, and am hoping to lose about 50lbs. I know that I have it in me to be successful, it is just so hard to stay on the wagon when I am so tired after work and classes. If you ever need some encouragement or someone to talk to, feel free to say hi!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and started around 220. I am now down to 147 and hope to get down to 130-135 this year. Started in March 2011. I lost majority of the weight during the 1st year. Last year I lost only about 15-20 pounds as work, travel and other distractions slowed down my progress. I also feel that my body needed the break from the large amount of weight loss from the 1st year. Hoping to get back on track and lose the last 15-20 pounds this year. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 154..trying to get to 117.
  • Aliykat
    Aliykat Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and originally started at 250and have been about 160-170 for. 2 years I am on my last 30 ppOunds, feel free to add me :)
  • mrsricta
    Options
    I'm in almost the exact same boat as you, same height, same starting, same goal!!! I added a lot of you, hope you all don't mind :)
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and starting at 216 looking for 135 or 130. No success yet as I'm struggling with medical issues that hinder weight loss. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm taking the approach of something similar to Atkins this year.
  • RoseMay1122
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and looking to lose 24lbs in 22 weeks. That'll put me at a healthy BMI for my 22nd birthday, which is a nice thought! I'm not wanting to go crazy and lose it fast - I lost 31lbs between August and December without feeling like I was strictly 'on a diet', and that worked for me. I then took December off, which didn't :P So, I'm up a few pounds and looking to do it slowly and sensibly again.
  • Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 years old, 5'3", started around 198 and I'm at 189 now, aiming for somewhere between 120 and 135. I'm not really sure exactly what my goal is as I haven't been that low in my adult life. The military body fat calculator says I'm around 45% body fat right now, yikes! I think I'm aiming for around 22% body fat.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have had success I could have never imagined! At 5'4" I have 10 more to lose before reaching the 100lb loss and 35-40lbs to reach my gw? Not sure I honestly NEVER thought I would look like I do at 90lb loss so we shall see.This site does work! I eat 1500 cals a day and work out 30 min minimun 5x's a week.Sweat+better eating habits=success :) Good luck doll!!
  • canraccox
    canraccox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a great thread! I am a 5'3", 41 year old, currently 220ish and starting my journey on Jan 7, 2013. Thank you to all of you who have, through your example, shown that it can be done!!
  • CML93
    CML93 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4'' and new to the whole losing weight thing. Feel free to add me :)
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi

It can be done and I wish you all the best! I started a year ago, am 5ft4" and weighed in at 218lbs and now weigh 146lbs.. I took a 3 month maintenance break from October to now and I am hoping to lose another 14lbs to get me to 133lbs.

Well done everyone, you're all doing great!

218-TheBeginning1024x768800x600800x600.jpg

1451.jpg
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 years old and 5'3.5" tall. I am still a work in progress, but I have lost nearly 60 pounds. This time (I've been on this weight roller coaster for awhile), I started at 220. Here is a before picture, although I had already lost about 10 pounds in this picture. (The most I've ever weighed is around 260.)

24764503_6267.jpg

Today, I weigh 162.5. I log everything I eat, and exercise 4 to 5 times a week. After dealing with this my entire life, I know this is the only way for me to lose weight and keep it off. I have to accept that I am always going to have to log everything, make good choices and move!

Here is a photo from last week. Not the best, but I am not very good at the self-portrait.

24764503_5227.jpg

If this doesn't work, I apologize and I will fix it, eventually. LOL.
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal! My SW is just a few lbs more. (:
  • Hellaine
    Hellaine Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey :) 31 years old, 5'3/5'4-ish and started at about 165 (before MFP). I'm at about 140 now, give or take a few pounds, trying to get to about 130 I think! Add me if ya want, always looking for pals!
  • jennymurrell
    jennymurrell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I joined back in April but only lasted a week or so. Since then I have gained another 10 lbs. I am 5'4" and I have 50 lbs to lose. I am all set and ready to lose the weight. Any help and support would be geatly appreciated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!