Newly Joined

Options
I just weighed myself for the first time, in a very long time. I knew i was gaining weight, but couldn't put 2 and 2 together, and realize that by not counting what I was eating was making me so unhealthy. I am 5'4 and my normal body weight is 130-150. Yesterday my weight was 300 pounds. I need to lose an entire person, essentially. I am disgusted with myself. I had never realized I let myself get this far. I am open to friends who can help motivate me and give me tips on exercises, and food tips. I do not have a problem sharing details of my loss and gain, if it means it will help me get back into a healthier weight.

Replies

• Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey I can relate to how you feel...feel free to add me as a friend if you want!
  • bgegli2013
    Options
    All you can do is go forward from here. What's done is done. Now figure out a plan that will work for you. I'm doing "no sugar, no flour." The weight comes off quickly and I don't have to beat myself up with exercise. I just walk a little and do housework and laundry.

I'm also trying to only eat food of nutritional value. This is a work in progress, but adjusting my attitude is half the battle.

After the holiday's I got on the scale and had a rude awakening too. I feel your pain, but take it a day at a time.
  • Olahou
    Olahou Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. But I think that this place can be a great source of support for you...and me. Itʻs nice to know that youʻre not the only one struggling. Add me if you want. 2013 is our year. We can do it together! :)
  • riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    Amber..you have made the first step, so put your hand behind your back and give yourself a pat.
    Well done.
    Ive not had a sugar drink for a week, not alcohol and hit my 1200 a day and for me, being a greedy
    so and so...that is good.
    Small steps but over a long time, small steps can have a large impact.
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone any tips you can give me is very helpful. My husband is very supportive thankfully. I am quickly realizing most foods that are my favorite, are quickly becoming the foods I eat least. Water has become a great ally and also sugar free foods. I feel like a diabetic lol. I guess when your this far overweight you kind of are.
  • jevellgraham
    Options
    Hello,

Name: Jevell G.
    Beginning Weight: 296.4 lbs
    Goal: 190
    Height: 6' 2"
    Day: 26 (started December 10, 2012)

I would like to add more friends to keep me motivated. I am currently a graduate nursing student at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Jevell
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Name: Amber B
    Weight: 297.6
    Day 3 (started Jan 3 2013)
    Goal weight: 130-150
    height: 5'4

Definitely, I will add you to my friends list.
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Amber starting is the hardest part. One foot infront of the other and day by day is what we all have to do. It is great to have support from all over though this site. I would be more than happy to work though our journey's together.