New to MyFitness - and already resenting the gym

Options
Hi!

I just found this site through the Almighty Search Engine, and think it's a great idea!

Not really sure what the intro's are supposed to entail, but I suppose I should give a little background?

I've joined a local 24hour gym. I was going regularly for a few weeks, dropped off just before Christmas and restarted on the 5th January. I want to join a sports team before my knees and/or back give in (they're not terrible, but I see the horizon, and it's achy), but I am nowhere near fit enough. So - here I am! :) Looks like everyone's very supportive, and I think that's just what I need (plus, happy to lend an ear, figuratively speaking, should anyone else need).

Replies

• TheJ_Net
    Options
    Welcome! I actually joined back in June of last year and then had some family issues, so I kind of let my eating habits go back to crap. But I figure, new year, fresh start! So I'm back on MFP and really watching what I eat and actually using that gym membership I've been paying for. Feel free to friend me and we can keep up with our goals with motivation!

Good luck with your goals!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! The tracking and reporting tools are helpful.