MAC uses female bodybuilder in commercial makeup ad

Options

Replies

• lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I saw this ad the other day and just love it!!
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    She looks great!! I wish more people would embrace this version of beauty!
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    She is really pretty in her off season picture but the one in the dress just looks bad.

Lets go all beastmode in a dress with dark makeup and try and make it look pretty. I dont think it works. It does just look manly.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    She is very feminine and beautiful! ❤this ad!
  • breelovesderby
    Options
    I love her body! I think it is great that MAC does things like this. Beauty is in everyone, everyone is different and that's beautiful. As for the dress, I think it is smoking! If I had the body I would wear that *kitten* every night ;) hahah
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A year ago (or so), Covergirl did an ad with boxer Mary Spencer. It was equally gorgeous and strong. I love the way cosmetics companies are redefining and expanding what we think is beautiful.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I read an article about the ad, she was 2 or 3 months out from competition.

I love the ad, love how she looks but am bot a fan of the dress. But no idea what I'd prefer her in.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    She is definitely my "goal look" and I love MAC makeup, it's all I wear now.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like it. I think it's beautiful and cool. I also just look at fashion photos and ads as art and not for whether or not I would wear the clothing, as that is usually not the intention (unless it is an advertisement for clothing). But, I do think the dress might look better without the ruffle. I don't mind the rubbery, shiny look. Although it does kind of look like a trash bag, which is kind of interesting.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    She's absolutely stunning. I'm going to be a contrarian and say that I like the dress, if I had her body I would totally wear it.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    She's absolutely stunning. I'm going to be a contrarian and say that I like the dress, if I had her body I would totally wear it.

If I had her body, I'd spend as much time as possible wearing nothing.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Pretty much!
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Pretty much!

Ha! Agreed.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    she's pretty and that's great they use her since she's not the typical model but unfortunately i think mac makes anyone look like a drag queen :laugh:

many people simply dont need that much pigmentation in their makeup and they end up looking overdone and costumey which just tends to scream "i'm a man in drag, honey" !

i like the dress though

i prefer makeup4ever, nars and urban decay but that's just me.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    she's pretty and that's great they use her since she's not the typical model but unfortunately i think mac makes anyone look like a drag queen :laugh:

They do tend to make the makeup very dramatic, but the point of this post was the first part of your statement here.

It's nice seeing glamorization of women who don't fit the "model" mold especially fit athletic women. Most magazines the feature athletic women tend to "soften" them up as in the second photo in the original post. Rarely do you see a female athlete glamorized for her musculature.

(Trying to steer back to the topic.)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

They do tend to make the makeup very dramatic, but the point of this post was the first part of your statement here.

It's nice seeing glamorization of women who don't fit the "model" mold especially fit athletic women. Most magazines the feature athletic women tend to "soften" them up as in the second photo in the original post. Rarely do you see a female athlete glamorized for her musculature.

(Trying to steer back to the topic.)

good point i thought i'd just throw in my personal anti-MAC agenda :laugh:

i also like the cover girl's summer campaign with olympians

120724_OLY_FemBoxer_Esparza.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love this! Now I have an excuse to buy a new MAC product. ;)
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    <3! i love this so much!