What are some fun work outs besides dancing?

Options
I love to dance and I dance a lot but it just seems to tone my legs and nothing else. What other types of fun workouts can I do that will help tone the rest? :)

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I do martial arts, which works on all parts of the body. If you like exercising by dancing, you might also consider investing in hand weights and dancing with those.
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jump roping is great fun! Plus, very cheap and you can jump rope just about anywhere! :)
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    Aquafitness! Find a good, fun, instructor. It's a bit like dancing, but the water is 15x more resistance than working on land, so everything works harder, but with no joint stress. Great for core. uIf you want to focus on arms and upper body, make sure you are working in water up to your armpits - at least!- and you can wear special mitts or just put a pair of socks on your hands and spread your fingers = even more work.
    I love it.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Hula hoop!! Get a weighted hoop if you can. It's so much fun and it works your core like crazy! It burns calories too, similar to a brisk walk. And it's just fun!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a dancer too - but I love Jillian Michaels wokout DVDs for my arms, they've made a HUGE difference. Also group fitness classes are great and yoga/pilates/tai chi I'm enjoying too. And my arms are looking fantastic!!
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I used to climb at a climbing gym, if you're open to that kind of thing.

I was in awesome shape back then. :3
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hula hooping for sure
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing or pretty much any group fitness class. Racquetball is my current favorite workout.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    define "fun"
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Ohhh this - I haven't done it much but my bestie who is also a dancer is an amazing climber and has AWESOME arms (and legs, and core, and back and butt and everything else....)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a dancer also. It is fun! But, I do contemporary, so we do take our weight into our arms often. I also lift weights and do yoga.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Pilates... Check out Cassey Ho's videos (for FREE!!!) on YouTube
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I put on a mask and cape and go out and fight crime. Now THAT is a full body workout. But then again... I'm Batman!

(Seriously though, martial arts is great)
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options

Ohhh this - I haven't done it much but my bestie who is also a dancer is an amazing climber and has AWESOME arms (and legs, and core, and back and butt and everything else....)

Yeah, rock climbing works out, like, everything x3
  • uzygirl
    uzygirl Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi,

Have you tried yoga? Or calistenics? Check out www.zuzkalight.com or www.benderfitness.com
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    boxing!!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Skiing and snowboarding, if you have either of them available-they are a blast and major calorie burn!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    crossfit
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    My kind of fun is getting through a whole Cathe Friedrich Plyo or HiiT workout and living to tell about it.
    Very challenging! Kickboxing is fun too though. and hiking. I could live in a tent and hike almost everyday.
    I think the rest of my family would mind though.
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    LIFT WEIGHTS!!!! Nothing (besides sex) makes you feel better!!!!