Macros

Options
Hi, I'm just using my account again because I got tired of the other app I was using to track food. I found it very unreliable, even though I lost weight.

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting in the protein that I need everyday. I definitely don't want to eat more meat because I tried it once and I felt really uneasy and I only got to about a little over 100 grams.

I was recommended to get 225 grams of protein. I can't seem to get even close to it with just food and I don't want any more calories. My trainer suggested I try whey protein.

Any thoughts?

Oh, I workout 5-6 times a week. 3 of them are intense circuits.

Thanks

Replies

• Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Try going for the other sources of protein:

-nuts
    -natural peanut butter
    -eggs
    milk

etc.

Whey protein is also excellent if you don't wanna fix up on those above. Most brands gives 52g of protein from 2 scoops of Whey and you can take it pre/post workout or maybe in the morning or even just for a quick snack.
  • Theamers0528
    Options
    A 10 lb bag of whey protein can be like 100 bucks but it will have around 170 servings and that comes out to being less then a dollar per 20 grams of protein and its low on carbs and fat. A lot of money up front but saves alot of money in the long run. There's no food on the planet that gives 20 grams of carbs for less then a dollar. Or try the gomad diet. Gallon of milk a day.