Calling all nerds....

Options

Replies

• Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    I"m a super serious Laurell K Hamilton fan. I love Anita Blake and the Meredith Gentry series. Can't wait for the next Anita and I think i read that she is going to continue the MG series too.

I haven't ready MG... Been tempted though. I'm crazy excited for the next Anita book.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    The Inheritance Trilogy is one of my favourite fantasy series. I don't read a huge amount of fantasy but always like it when I do.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Try anything in the Forgotten Realms series. There are dozens of books by different authors who follow their own series within the same world.

If you like a more complicated storyline with political intrigue, Gardens of the Moon kicks off a series that is considered one of the best in its class.

The Mortal Instruments series is pretty good. Cinda Williams Chima has two wonderful series that I personally found amazing.

Trudi Canavan's work is pretty great too.
  • Today414
    Options
    Any Browncoats amongst ye?
    What's this? Tell me... I need to know.. NOW!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Post apocalyptic literature fans?
  • whierd
    Options
    The Inheritance Trilogy is one of my favourite fantasy series. I don't read a huge amount of fantasy but always like it when I do.

I found the series to be very engaging, but rather lacking overall. Still, considering the age of the author and that it is his first works, I give it a round of applause and look forward to reading his work as it matures.
  • Today414
    Options
    Try anything in the Forgotten Realms series. There are dozens of books by different authors who follow their own series within the same world.

If you like a more complicated storyline with political intrigue, Gardens of the Moon kicks off a series that is considered one of the best in its class.

The Mortal Instruments series is pretty good. Cinda Williams Chima has two wonderful series that I personally found amazing.

Trudi Canavan's work is pretty great too.

Noted. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Any Browncoats amongst ye?
    What's this? Tell me... I need to know.. NOW!

Fans of the short-lived amazingness that was the tv show Firefly and resulting film Serenity
  • whierd
    Options

I like it in theory, but never seem to actually pick anything up of this genre and read it. :laughing: Same with dystopian type books.
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Allons-y!
  • Mutant13
    Options

I found the series to be very engaging, but rather lacking overall. Still, considering the age of the author and that it is his first works, I give it a round of applause and look forward to reading his work as it matures.

I agree. I was pretty awestruck when I learned how young he was.
  • Electricls
    Electricls Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I"m a super serious Laurell K Hamilton fan. I love Anita Blake and the Meredith Gentry series. Can't wait for the next Anita and I think i read that she is going to continue the MG series too.

I haven't ready MG... Been tempted though. I'm crazy excited for the next Anita book.

If you like AB you will like MG too, I think. I actually read MG first and would pick up the AB books read the back and say "eh, looks ok, but not a must read." Then I found the first book at a university book store for like $.25, bought it and fell in love. You should definitely read Kushiel's Dart.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

I've read "Left Behind" if that counts. :smile:

8488541.png
  • Mutant13
    Options

I like it in theory, but never seem to actually pick anything up of this genre and read it. :laughing: Same with dystopian type books.

There is so much now. A lot of it is crap but there is some good stuff out there.

I highly reccommend Max Brook's World War Z and Alex Scarrow's Afterlight

Two completely different books but both awesome
  • Mutant13
    Options

I've read "Left Behind" if that counts. :smile:

8488541.png

Haven't read. Good?
  • Electricls
    Electricls Posts: 11 Member
    Options

There is so much now. A lot of it is crap but there is some good stuff out there.

I highly reccommend Max Brook's World War Z and Alex Scarrow's Afterlight

Two completely different books but both awesome

Everyone will probably laugh at me, but I really liked Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Mockingjay was ok, but not the greatest in my opinion. Isn't World War Z the one they are making into a movie with Brad Pitt?
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

I agree. I was pretty awestruck when I learned how young he was.

I wasn't really into the books when they came out. The author came to my public high school wearing tights and a tunic. I'm surprised he didn't get jumped. However, I gave the books a try and I loved them. I agree that it could have used more... something, but hopefully he'll find growth in future works.
  • whierd
    Options
    I found Hunger Games, mostly the first book, to be absolutely amazing. I couldn't put it down when I started reading it until I finished it.
  • Today414
    Options
    How bouts Doctor Who?? :heart:
  • whierd
    Options
    I've never seen it.