The Most Important Thing You Have Learned From MFP

Options

Replies

• wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That having a group of people motivating and supporting you is more important than I ever thought it would be. Sometimes we are only as good as our cheer squad. :)
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That calories add up quick when your eating the wrong stuff.
    I didn't put this extra weight on in a day/month/year so it is not coming off quick. Have to be patience.
    Logging keeps you accountable for what you eat.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    What's the most important thing you have learned on MFP? Mine is that you don't have to starve yourself to lose weight! Actually, it's much better if you don't!

^^^^THIS^^^^^ more than all the other stuff :smile:
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    when logging, look for other food entries, NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE CORRECT IN THEIR CAL COUNT...the other day I was logging an uncured frank, and the one I chose first had 120 cals MORE THAN THE PKG SAID.....I looked again and found the appropriate one....SO LOOK OUT!!!!

also that I am not the only one out there with my issues
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That this is a lifestyle change and not a diet!
    This and also to log log log what you eat, it makes a huge difference
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That I had to change my thought process, lifestyle and routines.

It's better not to deprive myself of foods I enjoy, as long as I can fit them into my calorie goal, I can have them and I'm much less likely to binge eat.

To weigh/measure everything. I was eating three/four times what I thought I was.

The human body is remarkably adaptive. When I started exercising, I couldn't do more than 3-4 minutes, but I worked through the pain and can do 30/40 minutes now.

I'm mostly impressed at how supportive the community is in general.
  • jacklutse
    Options
    I HAVE LEARNT THAT THE CALORIES ADD UP....INCLUDING THE SEVERAL CUPS OF MILK-LADEN TEA/COFFEE
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    That I am not dieting, I have changed my eating habits, hopefully for life.
    Portion size.
    To drink a lot of water.
    You can have chocolate. All things in moderation.
  • eleonorawander
    eleonorawander Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the enemy, even fruits have carbs. And that it can be a really slow process, but it pays off.
  • rmgatch
    rmgatch Posts: 38
    Options
    Portion control. Using MFP daily keeps one in check. I've viewed this as change in lifestyle to better myself.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Log everything I eat/ drink and portion control!
  • LewisSpendlow
    Options
    Mine is exactly the same as the OP. In past attempts to lose weight I used to starve myself silly!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Do your own research
  • marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Log everything that goes into my mouth every day, even the small tablespoons of milk for coffee/tea.

I can still have my favorites or splurge once in a while at a family event/big dinner, just need to plan for the rest of the day or get an extra trip to the gym in. And if you don't do that, just get back on the wagon the next day. You don't need to starve...you can still enjoy life and food!

Support is key! No one is an island...and everyone that I've "met" on here so far has been great!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the scale really IS inaccurate. Thank God everyone on here told me to check measurements too!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If eating more food makes you gain weight faster, you're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to eat more to weigh less.

If eating more makes you fatter, you're a freak,

but you're not a precious special snowflake.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady really does win the race.
  • Subowski
    Options
    That I am not alone, and I'm not a bad person for being fat.
    That educating myself in the science of weight loss, relying on reputable resources, and reading the success stories of others, helps me stay motivated.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Logging can be easy, fun, addictive and educational but it's only a guideline.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Taebo is all I need.