June Starters - April 12

Options

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Aw, momto, why don'y you aim for a size instead? Get the 30 day shred and aim for a lower size rather than a lower weight. Inches are WAAAY better to lose than lbs! lol

That being said I pre-weighed and I'm down 3.3 lbs from last week. So I lost exactly what I gained over Easter. Now I just gotta lose a bit more!

My pants are sooo much bigger now!! I need to go shopping but I'm scared at the same time. lol what if I have the FLUKE jeans that say 9 but when i get to the store all I'll be able to fit in are 12's. :huh:
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies! Sorry I haven't been following the thread so far this week, I've been busy, tired and seriously lacking motivation. I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

My scale is acting up this week.. it can't make up its mind. It kept alternating between 135.6 and 136.6, it was almost a perfect 50/50 split. This morning it consistently gave me 136.2 so I guess I'll go with that, and perhaps think about buying a new scale.

SW 182.4
    LW 137.2
    CW 136.2

I haven't done any exercise in over a month... I really need to get back at it! I bought a new long sleeved running shirt so I could start running outside. I was super excited about it, but its sitting still with the tags on. It seems like every time I make up my mind to go to the gym, something comes up or I get sick. Ugh. Sorry for the depressing post guys! At least the sun is shinning here!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Nice weigh in Schlieffen!

I think I'm gonna go to the gym today and run again. I'm thinking I'll do the same thing as yest if I can. lol
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I think I might stop weighing in and just focus on my fitness. It is discouraging for me to get on it when I have been working my butt off and see a gain :grumble: :frown: and I don't want the scale to hinder me. Therefore, I will just check in on the thread and report my exercise instead! :) I will tell you guys if I have a significant loss, but for now I just go between 141-143 and I am fine with that!

Busymom- I started the c25k today and it was harder than I thought! I used to run a mile without stopping and now I doubt I could. But that's what the program's for! Oh and you can leave me off the ss for now.

Schlieffen- awesome! You're getting so small!

Since this is a new thing I'm not entirely sure of my dates/times, but here goes for the last week:

Exercise: 30 mins on the elliptical (hill) x2, 30 day shred level 3, 1 awesome abs class, lifting weights x2, c25k W1D1. I hope to keep this up and u guys can help me to be accountable!
  • busymom74
    Options
    If you want courtney I can add a column for amount of time excercized or something. I'd hate to pull you from the thread. lol
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Busymom- I think that would be a cool idea for all of us. We all have ups and downs with our weight whether we put in the effort or not. Perhaps if we started tracking how many minutes of exercise we do a week it would motivate us. Not only would it inspire those of us that are extraordinarily competitive (like me) to get all our work outs in, but it would also maybe show the effort that the scale fails to sometimes. Then as we all get to our goals we could keep tracking workouts to help us keep on the wagon and to stay in touch with the group. I think minutes is best since calories burned depends on activity and weight.

What does everyone else think??
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Ohh I like it! That way I can stay involved and not be the odd man out on the ss :laugh: I have a hrm so it will tell me every monday morning how many minutes and calories I burned since the last week. I'll just start checking in on Mondays instead of Wednesdays. Hooray!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    I like that idea too! I really do need to start exercising.. I'm getting small but I'm still flabby, and I'm sure I've likely lost my ability to run distances. Hopefully it comes back quickly!
  • busymom74
    Options
    I will def have to tinker with the SS we'll have to report the excercise amount with the weigh ins. It'll def help me get all my workouts in!
  • busymom74
    Options
    I have an additional idea to that. Let's say my goal is to workout 2 hours a week. I'll put that goal on the ss and then have a spot to put my actual hours in and then have a column to show the difference wheather its more or less. I'll have to show you what I'm thinking. lol I hope that made sense!
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I love that idea. I know my ego wont want to see negative minutes
  • busymom74
    Options
    Cool, if everyone lets me know their excercise goals I'll start today!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    KJ- I'm starting the c25K today!! I'm so excited!

ROCK IT!!! I'm soooo ready!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I posted this on another thread but I had to post it here cuz you girls "get" it!

WHOOO I feel amazing! I went to the gym and watched BL while walking 1/4 a mile at 3.5 then running 1/4 at 5.5. I alternated for 1 hour and 40 minutes! I have no idea how far that is because I hopped off to go to the bathroom and didn't write my numbers down. It was about 963 calories worth though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it was EASY! I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow but man I felt so good the whole time.

That is so awesome!!! I'm very proud of you!! I KNOW you're proud of yourself... and just think... way back a year ago, there probably would have been NO WAY you could have done that! Look how far you've come!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Cool, if everyone lets me know their excercise goals I'll start today!

SOUNDS FABULOUS TO ME!!!
  • busymom74
    Options
    Oh! It's Thursday! I forgot to weigh in! lol Sorry!! I'll weigh in tomorrow.

I set my excercise goal at 2 hours. . . I wonder if thats too high for some weeks...
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    I am setting my goal at 150 minutes (2.5 hours). Are we tracking Monday to Sunday??
  • busymom74
    Options
    Hmmm, I think we should post it when we post our weigh ins so like for me it would be Sat- Fri since I post my weight on Fri's.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    This week's report - no change :(

Start Weight = 208.5
    Lw = 187.5
    CW = 187.5
  • thirtyby40
    Options
    This week's report - no change :(

Start Weight = 208.5
    Lw = 187.5
    CW = 187.5

Maintaining is as good as a loss in my books! Don't be hard on yourself.