SHIFT WORK!!!!

Options
HELP!!!!:grumble: I work 7p.m. to 3a.m. and am having a hard time getting my food in for the day. This is the reason (so the Dr. say) that I gained the weight. I find myself eating a meal once a day sometimes twice a day. Any suggestions on how to get my food in for the day. I already take food with me to eat during my shift. Oh should I mention that I am an on the road Police OffIcer so yeah the chance to take a break and eat a normal meal comes and goes depending on the day.

Thanks

KristineKaye:blushing:

Replies

• mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Why can't you eat 3-6 times a day??? 12 hours off what you would if you worked during the day? I don't understand.

How much sleep do you get?

In your cop car, you can have nuts, fruit, cut veggies, whole grain bread or crackers, nut butter, etc. So even if you don't know when you'll eat next you can have food handy.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a cooler lunch bag.
    As mvl said, Fruits, nuts, veggies, whole grain sandwiches, 100 calorie snacks .

I have 3-4 meals packed in my lunch bag when I go to work.
  • HealthyPr10
    HealthyPr10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mv1014. You can even get protein bars. I work the same ours 7-4 everyday and what I do is bring fresh oranges, fresh grapfruit, nuts, yogurt, etc and keep them at my desk (of course not the yogurt LOL!) Just make a list of the things that you like and make several sandwich bags and eat that throughtout the day.
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi KristinKaye, It must be tough working such an odd shift, I have worked evenings at the hospital now for over
    20 years, my hours are from 1pm until 1130pm, so I understand how you feel. I bring my own lunch with me
    to work, I pack a sandwich, a natural applesauce, a sugar-free chocolate pudding, and a yoplait light yogurt.
    But with driving, this would be tough for you to eat, try bringing some "fiber one" snack bars with you, they have
    different flavors and they are really good for you. But try eating smaller meals more often, you will feel more full and
    satisfied. Also sleep is very important, I know that I manage only 6-7 hours of sleep a night, but I try to get a small
    nap in before my shift begins. Have a great day, and I hope that you get some good advice...BJ :smile:
  • KristineKaye
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will try all of these things. I try to get 6 hours of sleep a night sometimes I get more sometimes less depending on my kids and husbands schedules. Thanks again!!!!!