Nothing lost in 2 weeks!

Options
Hey all....

Well after a very trying 2 weeks, of course, I have nothing to show. Nothing gained, nothing lost, just my scale being stubborn with those 3 nasty red digital numbers.

I found myself being heartbroken this morning when the scale told me my weight this moring....the same for 2 weeks. Then, I thought to myself, I have had a very hard 2 weeks, I'm lucky to have stayed the same and not gained any weight . As I thought about it more, it made me realize that this is something that I really need to WORK at. Dieting is not a "spectator sport". (It was banner is my 8th grade math class: "Math is not a spectator sport" and the saying stuck with me). It is something I really need to work on to succeed. Just because I can still eat what I want on this program (just less of it!) that doesn't mean I can just let myself go and eat whatever I want, regardless is I'm PMSing or not. I have 90 more lbs to lose. The first 11 came off easily and I think that is actually what caused me to be so overconfident. I have to snap back to reality!!!

I have a 4th of July goal to lose 26 lbs from my beginning weight on April 28. I have 15 lbs to lose in just under 5 weeks and I will DO THIS!

Hope everyone else is doing much better than I was these last 2 weeks....Now I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!:tongue:

:heart: Rachel

Replies

• rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey all....

Well after a very trying 2 weeks, of course, I have nothing to show. Nothing gained, nothing lost, just my scale being stubborn with those 3 nasty red digital numbers.

I found myself being heartbroken this morning when the scale told me my weight this moring....the same for 2 weeks. Then, I thought to myself, I have had a very hard 2 weeks, I'm lucky to have stayed the same and not gained any weight . As I thought about it more, it made me realize that this is something that I really need to WORK at. Dieting is not a "spectator sport". (It was banner is my 8th grade math class: "Math is not a spectator sport" and the saying stuck with me). It is something I really need to work on to succeed. Just because I can still eat what I want on this program (just less of it!) that doesn't mean I can just let myself go and eat whatever I want, regardless is I'm PMSing or not. I have 90 more lbs to lose. The first 11 came off easily and I think that is actually what caused me to be so overconfident. I have to snap back to reality!!!

I have a 4th of July goal to lose 26 lbs from my beginning weight on April 28. I have 15 lbs to lose in just under 5 weeks and I will DO THIS!

Hope everyone else is doing much better than I was these last 2 weeks....Now I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!:tongue:

:heart: Rachel
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh Rachel!!!

Me too!!!

Great attitude. I'm an Eeyore today over it...I'm about ready to cry. Keep up your spirits girlie!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I went 5 weeks with out gaining but not loosing either. I keep changing things up and finally today I got on the scale and lost 2lbs. So hang in there and try switching things up. :flowerforyou:

47397.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My pounds have come off quite quickly, but sometimes I might have a week with no loss... SO: I shock my system by having a day where I eat more calories. Your body speeds up your metabolism to make up for the more you are consuming.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You might also be in one of those cycles where your changing FAT into something even better than making it disappear - MUSCLE!!! ~smiling~

Scales lie! Sometimes you could even be gaining muscle weight, but losing fat deposites!

If your working out A LOT, Your body is going to be building as well as losing!

Make sure your doing some measurements of your body. As long as your losing around your waist, thighs, arms... it DOESNT matter what the scale is saying!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, the first 2 weeks were awesome and now it's like I'm gaining and loosing 2 pounds over and over again.On the other hand I'm feeling a lot better, have more energie and I'm starting to feel a waist emerging. So I have decidet not to give up, no matter what that stupid scale says , as long as I don't go up I'll just keep doing what I have been doing. For me the upping my calories doesn't work, I guess everyone is different and we have to try what works for us. Keep on trucking:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have been the same way. The first week I lost 3 pounds, and the next 4 weeks or so after I lost a pound each week, but now this past two weeks I have stayed the same.

I have been pretty dissapointed, Thursday (my weigh in day) are like a strange christmas morning for me, when I wake up I am so excited to weigh myself and see if I lost, but when I don't I am very bummed.

But, you have the right attitude. Get right back with it and be thankful you didn't gain. Besides I DID have two kinda bad weekends in a row for eating, so it really is a miracle I stayed the same rather than gained. Oh and since I gain muslce pretty easily, I decided to take my measurements again yesterday....I lost at least an inch, some places an inch and a half on every part, so that picked up my spirits some. Hang in there!
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have been the same way. The first week I lost 3 pounds, and the next 4 weeks or so after I lost a pound each week, but now this past two weeks I have stayed the same.

I have been pretty dissapointed, Thursday (my weigh in day) are like a strange christmas morning for me, when I wake up I am so excited to weigh myself and see if I lost, but when I don't I am very bummed.

But, you have the right attitude. Get right back with it and be thankful you didn't gain. Besides I DID have two kinda bad weekends in a row for eating, so it really is a miracle I stayed the same rather than gained. Oh and since I gain muslce pretty easily, I decided to take my measurements again yesterday....I lost at least an inch, some places an inch and a half on every part, so that picked up my spirits some. Hang in there!

They are like that for me too! It makes getting up easier on Monday monrings, especially if I know I had a good week! :)