For those who have done Insanity

Options
I was looking at the calendar and we have 1 day (Sunday) where there's no workout listed. So for those who have done or are doing the program did you still workout that day or take it as a rest day. I started on a Tuesday so it will be on Monday's for me.
But I was thinking of making that my gym day but I do not want to cause any injuries to myself. Currently I do the insanity workout and then get on the treadmill after for about 30 minutes (will be trying to up this but for now insanity is kicking my butt).
So was wondering what others have done or are trying out that "rest" day!

Replies

• mikepopiel
    mikepopiel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've always taken it as a rest day to recover. Insanity is pretty intense stuff and I often feel my body telling me to take a day break after 6 days of working out.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just finished a few weeks ago. DEFINITELY take it as a rest day. Your body will thank you!! An active rest day is good but definitely don't do an intense workout. That's just crazy. I did yoga on my rest days. If you're worried about results- dont be. I had amazing results and so did the millions of others that probably prompted you into getting the program in the first place. Even without the treadmill.

Have fun!!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I agree, the rest day is needed. You do not want to chance injury.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Definitely would take the rest day!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the calendar and we have 1 day (Sunday) where there's no workout listed. So for those who have done or are doing the program did you still workout that day or take it as a rest day. I started on a Tuesday so it will be on Monday's for me.
    But I was thinking of making that my gym day but I do not want to cause any injuries to myself. Currently I do the insanity workout and then get on the treadmill after for about 30 minutes (will be trying to up this but for now insanity is kicking my butt).
    So was wondering what others have done or are trying out that "rest" day!

Rest is just as important (if not MORE important) than the workouts and eating clean. Take your rest day and if you are pushing yourself to the limit in Insanity, then there is NO need to do anything else. If you have enough energy to jump on the treadmill after Insanity, you need to push harder. Trust me on this.:smile:
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Use it as a rest day, but you could still walk on the treadmill or something way less intense than Insanity. Rest from Insanity but don't make it an "indulge" day and make your whole week of hardwork not pay off.
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Rest day is definitely needed. Your body can't repair, and build muscle or recover adequately without a rest day!
  • samlankford
    Options
    I did something low impact on my legs like house work, playing with my dogs or riding my bike for a few hours... just NO JUMPING for me on my rest days from insanity or when I did the asylum... those two systems are wonderful but can be really rough on the knees, hips and ankles...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I agree with Victoria...if you are able to use the treadmill for 30 minutes right after doing an Insanity workout, you are not pushing yourself hard enough. When I was done those workouts, I was usually ready to fall down! Lol

When I did the program, I would take walks with my kids in a double stroller in the morning and do Insanity while the baby napped in the afternoon. So while I did do some extra activity, I broke it up so I could still give Insanity 100%. Also, my rest days were either "active rest" (a 20-30 minute walk) or I took the day off completely if I needed it. My body let me know what to do. Best of luck to you, enjoy!
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Just a Thought: Its good to take a periodic rest day from insanity otherwise your friends will start wondering about you... :happy:
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Rest day for sure and when you get to month 2 I wouldn't even do the treadmill. I found the workout were challenging enough on their own without adding to it. However, on their recovery days I would do something else like running, yoga, or kickboxing because I hated those recovery DVDs!
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    In month one, I can see you doing a bit extra but you shouldn't really want to ...in month 2 there is NO WAY! I tried going to the gym once in month 2 and noticed immediately that I wasn't able to give Insanity my all the next day...it defeats the purpose....also your body needs a break. If you're pushing yourself all you can think of is that ONE day off! Good luck!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    In month one, I can see you doing a bit extra but you shouldn't really want to ...in month 2 there is NO WAY! I tried going to the gym once in month 2 and noticed immediately that I wasn't able to give Insanity my all the next day...it defeats the purpose....also your body needs a break. If you're pushing yourself all you can think of is that ONE day off! Good luck!

I agree with this! In month one I was able to go for long walks, do zumba classes and some kettlebell classes in month 2 I struggled to walk up and down the stairs let alone do anything else!!

good luck. x
  • AliaSerry
    Options
    I agree with everyone on here, take the rest day as an active rest day. On my rest days, I do a few minutes of pilates and yoga and it just relaxes my tense muscles, which then enhances how well I do in the insanity workouts!