100+ to lose, could use some motivational buddies

Options
I don't have a lot of healthy people in my life and I've noticed when I try to make a change they aren't a lot of help. Some just don't care and I think others don't want me to succeed because they wan't to lose weight with out trying. Any who if anyone would like to become my friend and join me in my journey and also get some help and motivation from me, I would appreciate it!

Replies

• jessward12
    jessward12 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean. I have at LEAST 80 lbs to lose if not more and sometimes I feel like I have NO motivation whatsoever. I need people to push me.. To help hold me accountable for what I do and don't do. I see your wanting a baby too, so lets do this.. Lets shed these lbs and have our miracles!!
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    I'm shooting for a 70-80 lb loss and would be more than glad to offer whatever I can to keep you motivated. I'm sure I will have my hard moments, hours, days ... okay weeks, but I am usually very good the first 8-10 weeks of my own efforts.

I have the same problem ... while my wife is supportive outwardly (wants me to lose weight, etc.), she still sits there with a huge bowl of ice cream while I am swearing in my head at her. She weighs all of 115 lbs, so she really doesn't grasp the difficulty. But she also needs her 'things' because she works an extremely stressful job with assaultive handicapped kids. So I don't dump on her (typical male cave behavior *laugh*).

Anyway, I'd be glad to try to help you (both/all) through the battles. Just feel free to holler at me anytime.
  • Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, and I have 240 lbs to drop. My family eats whatever they want and my co-workers don't know what a healthy meal is. I'm always surrounded by tempting fat food. The only outside motivation I have is my fitness trainer but I only see her twice a week.

It's going to be a tough year for all of us, but we all want to get back in shape. Send me a message if you need someone to talk to.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've done this before, and I love to cook, so if you need recipe ideas let me know.
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me -- I've lost a little over 100 pounds so far and still want to lose another 30 minimum. This is the best place ever to attain your goals.
  • jeanineolson
    jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 28 so far and I have so much more to go. Just remember, you can do this.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have still got over 150lbs to lose so anyone can add me if they like!! I like people who are consistent and I don't have an open diary
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That used to be my goal :) I've still got about 60 to lose. You can do it!!
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have lost 88 and have another 190 or so to lose. Feel free to add me if you like. However, be forewarned that I have a warped sense of humor.
  • Helenov
    Helenov Posts: 56
    Options
    I hear you, I have a lot to lose, and motivation is the key. I'll add you, thanks
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was 320... goal is 200. I'm at 266 currently. This is YOUR life and YOUR body. Dedicate yourself to YOU and don not let anyone or anything get in your way. We are here to help.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have about 156 pounds to lose to get to my GW of 140. I need help with staying on track.
  • mama_katz
    Options
    I have about 140 lbs to lose. I could also use some motivation buddies.