Unsweet Tea

Options
I have just started MFP and truly look forward to entering what I have eaten during the day. Fix a meal and get the phone to input the data. This is fun to me.
I have been drinking unsweet tea for my water this past week. It registers zero everything and was wondering if this is ok to substitute for water.
Thanks ahead for any input.

Replies

• fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not, since tea is basically 99.9% water and I think the average cup of tea contains around 2 calories.

I just wish I could drink tea without sugar lol - id be sorted.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Except be aware it does have caffeine, so it will dehydrate you.
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    The tea does have the caffeine and it does dehydrate you. It is not the best substitute for regular water. Maybe go a tea then a water and just switch back and forth to start adding some regular water :)
  • JOANNEMCD123
    Options
    If you really enjoy the tea, for the warmth and find it hard to drink alot of water, drink hot water from the kettle and alternate between the tea and the water, you could also add some lemon to the water which has it`s own added benefits!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    or,you could drink hot water and lemon.this works as an easy detox drink especially if you drink it first thing in the morning.
    green tea is better for you than black tea as it helps with weight loss and is full of antioxidants