Ladies around 5'4'' losing about 20 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am 32, 5' 4" and I started at 127, and now I am somewhere between 114-117. I lost my first 10 pounds fast by restricting my calorie intake. I have since upped my calories and I now exercise regularly. I am starting to tone and my body-fat % is going down!

:smile:
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit taller (5'6) and I started at 163. I am hoping to lose 25-30 lbs. It has been about 6 weeks for me and I've lost 15 lbs. I just want to warn you, don't expect anyone to notice until you're pretty much at your goal weight. Even my boyfriend doesn't really even notice (I think he assumes I'm losing weight because I'm working so hard at it, but he probably thinks it's in the 5 lb range). There's no way my friends have noticed and I suspect that won't notice until I'm at my goal. Even then, it will probably take wearing some skintight clothes.
  • lucelis
    Options
    Hi Ladies....

I am 5'4" at 131 lbs. This might not be much but it is when all the weight has concentrated in your mid section. Other than that I look pretty slim everywhere else.... flabby but slim. So my main problem is, that I can wear a size 6 skinny jeans fine until it's time to buckle up. Then, there goes the muffin top. I hate the way that looks especially when your blouse is fitted. If I wear a size 8 skinny jean, then its loose in my legs/thigh. When I sit I can see my roll in my tummy. I am so self consciense of myself that I stuggle everyday with what to wear.

I have had very poor motivation even though I spend my days reading up on nutrition and excercise, (and weighing myself daily only to see the numbers on the scale slowly creeping up.

Ok, so enough is enough! I have finally set a goal. I am going to visit a guy friend (Jan 30, 2013) who I haven't seen since the 1st of December 2012. I do want to impress him. He is 54 and looks amazingly good. He works out and for a 54 year old man, looks great to me. Plus he's cute.

So, I began logging my food. Choosing healther meals and counting calories, fat and sugar intake. I began to work out, (still slow but I am moving).

I am staying aways from blue bell icecream, and cinnamon pita chips and eliminating bread.- My absolute favorites. Also going to stay aways from deli meats and cheese. Switching to greek yogurt and eating fruits for snack.

I am hoping that by the time I travel I will be in better shape than now, and hopefully it won't go unnoticed.

Thank you for your postings.
  • lucelis
    Options
    Congratulations ggcat!!!! This is exactly what I want to do!!! Thanks for posting
  • paigespring
    Options
    A few months ago I weighed 165 at 5'4! I'm a 16 year old girl so I knew it was time to make a change. I tried the program insanity and I lost 15 pounds so I now weigh 150. I hope to lose about 20 more! I'm not sure how to post pictures on here but I do have a before and after
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 29, 5'3.75", started at 140lbs 3 months ago and now I'm at 125lbs. 15 down, 5 more to go (hopefully by the end of this month:))

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary - just stick to my calories and exercise every day (30DS and now Insanity). Worked like a charm!:) Also not a fan of posting pics here, but I have them:D

Anyone feel free to add me, the more the merrier!
  • abickford82
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Though I've lost over 109lbs., I need to lose 10-20 more. I'm 150lbs. and my ideal weight is 130-140lbs.
  • melancholyjen
    melancholyjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2.5. if you see my profile picture, that's me at 154 (left) and 135 (right). i've gained about 5 back, but i feel pretty good around 135.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bumpin for support and reading later....
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    5'4". 55 years. Looking to lose another 54 or so pounds. Goal weight is 110. You can do this. Logging and exercise work. If it goes into your mouth then log it. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!