30 Day Shred question.

Options
I'm on L1D5 of 30 day shred and I notice that I am actually having a harder time then on day 1.
I tend to stop every once and a while to catch my breath.

Is there anyone that has had a similar experience?
I feel like stopping is negating the benefits of the workout. :l
I'd love to hear some success stories as well.

Replies

• basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This didn't happen to me. Did you take a lot days off in between day 1 and day 5?
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No, no rest days. :l
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I didn't find this either. Are you eating enough? Eating back your exercise calories? Getting enough sleep? expecting your time of month? (my body HATES working out when I am within 2-3 days away), staying hydrated?

I lost several inches (and x amount of pounds that I can't remember right now) when I did 30DS back in October/November.
  • CloverCreeper
    Options
    I drink a lot of water. Should I be eating something before I start working out?
    I wake up and start working within 20 minutes.
  • samantha1242
    Options
    I don't workout right after I wake up only because that is coffeetime for me. But, I personally like to eat something small before I workout if I haven't eaten in awhile. You could try a banana, some greek yogurt or an apple?
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It got a little better the more I did it but with me being so out of shape i had to take a few rest breaks too.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS for the second time around and just did day 3 of Level 1. Some days just aren't the greatest days, but overall....it will get easier. Today sucked for me because I have a head cold. Day 1 was easier because I wasn't sick. Just stick to it and you'll see a big difference!!!

Some workout days are great and some are not....but keep at it! You can do it!
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't start feeling better about the workout till Day 8. And then it was almost time to start Level Two. But when I did start Level Two, it was challenging the first two days but then I adapted to it much quicker than I did Level One. Keep going you will be awesome! And you will notice a difference!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I didn't have that problem, but I did take one rest day between day 2 and day 3. How are you breathing? I tend to get winded because I'll find that I'm holding my breath when I tackling a difficult move.
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had someone tell me to eat a banana every time after I workout. Since I have been doing this my workouts have been going much better. I speak about regular gym workouts, I have not started the 30 day shred as of yet.
  • CloverCreeper
    Options
    I don't workout right after I wake up only because that is coffeetime for me. But, I personally like to eat something small before I workout if I haven't eaten in awhile. You could try a banana, some greek yogurt or an apple?

Thanks for the tip. I'll try getting up a bit earlier to eat something. (:
  • CloverCreeper
    Options
    I didn't have that problem, but I did take one rest day between day 2 and day 3. How are you breathing? I tend to get winded because I'll find that I'm holding my breath when I tackling a difficult move.

That may be my problem. I have a hard time with timing my breathing. Haha.
  • CloverCreeper
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips and encouragement. I needed it! (:
  • samantha1242
    Options

That may be my problem. I have a hard time with timing my breathing. Haha.

Yes, I meant to say this too. :) keep it up and it will get easier and fun!
  • difazio42
    Options
    I'm on day 5 too and am quite fit as i do lots of classes but i have been fasting and really struggled at the beginning of the DVD and warmed up at the end. There are so may reasons why you can have an off day with exercise just put it behind you and do what you can. As Jillian says if you really need to take 5 secs rest and carry on. Keepup the good work!!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Some days are always better with working out in general for me. Some days my head just isn't in it...so my body follows.
  • emmylouwho__
    emmylouwho__ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Some days are good, some are bad.. in general I feel the workout getting easier after each day. Im on level 2 now, day 2 today.
    I find that if I have a lot of protein I last longer, have more energy.
    Keep going! Im getting there but Im excited to see my results after the 30days! Im 11 days in.. no pounds lost, but im much stronger.. its a bummer but im not about to quit now!
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im on level 3 now and I've had days like that. usually if Im tired or not eaten enough. It passes and the next day will be fine. keep at it! Good luck!
  • kyrabeth1986
    kyrabeth1986 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1D5 of 30 day shred and I notice that I am actually having a harder time then on day 1.
    I tend to stop every once and a while to catch my breath.

Is there anyone that has had a similar experience?
    I feel like stopping is negating the benefits of the workout. :l
    I'd love to hear some success stories as well.

Im also on L1D5 and found the same thing today despite not taking a day off. The only thing i put it down to is that my body no longer aches/hurts so i worked harder and pushed myself more. I found myself copying Natalie for a change. Could this apply to you to?
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That happened to me! I felt like it was getting harder and harder... so I took a rest day, and I felt much better the next time I did it. I've been taking a rest day every six days and it hasn't been negatively affecting my results, if anything I'm probably burning more calories because I need to take less breathers.