Pants falling down while working out

Options
ka_42
ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
Hey all!

I have a problem with my pants working their way off while I'm trying to run/jog outside. I pretty much have to wear them Erkel- style (below my boobs) to ensure the longest time between pulling them up again! I don't think it's just because they are bigger on me now that I've lost some weight. I don't have much of a butt to keep them up and I know that is one of the reasons. I feel like I'd be uncomfortable in spandex-type pants as I don't feel they'd be flattering over my big belly! I've switched it up and tried a couple different pairs of work out pants I have and have had the same luck. It is very difficult to juggle holding my pants, my dogs leash and control my dog (she's still getting used to running with me) at the same time~!

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I buying pants that are too large? Any advise on good brands/types of work out shorts/pants? I'm on a budget! Thanks a bunch! :)

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    I just bought a great pair of C9 pants..it is by Champion exclusively for Target and a decent price!
  • IrishBarbie
    IrishBarbie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem! I bought two pairs of Nike workout pants. They're not spandex, though they are more form-fitting than sweats. But I HAVE to have a draw string. Or else they fall down when I run! lol! Nike seems to be the best fit for me. Hope you find a pair that work!
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Even though I believe Wal-Mart is evil and I TRY not to shop there, I recently had to pop in to get something and browsed the workout apparel...you can pick up a pair of drawsting workout capris/shorts and a t-shirt for $16. The shorts alone are only $11 and as you lose weight, you tie the string tighter! Congrats on your loss!!!
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Buy a pair that are a size smaller and that have some spandex in them. I had to do that.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I exercise naked so I dont have that problem. I should mention that I workout at home, in the privacy of my own bedroom :)

Someone mentioned drawstrings...I think that's a good idea. This way you can tighten them up around your waist and not worry about them falling.
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I have this problem too!!! And you're right, it's not even about them being too big, just how they're cut. A couple thinsg that worked for me are, yes, spandex. :tongue: But also DRAWSTRINGS! They will save your life!!

I also 'test' all my workout pants in the change room now by jogging and doing jacks and stuff in the change room. I don't care if I look crazy, I'm tired of spending $$ on stuff I couldn't end up using.
  • ka_42
    Options
    Great thinking ladies!! my pants don't have drawstrings!

sonnacchio - I think wal mart is evil too but they happen to be the cheapest- gr! I'll check out the work out section

princesspurple - OMG I love purple! More than anyone should like a color! lol. I'll try target too. Thanks! :)
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Yes, too big!!

Try a pair with a drawstring and tighten that.. also, if you are uncomfortable in spandex at first, maybe try wearing a larger shirt to make you feel more comfortable.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    good idea on the spandex, it is easier. I also bought fold over waist yoga pants at old navy and they seem to stay up :)
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That sounds just like me...pants almost to my knees holding my dog's leash. He is a year and a half old German Shepherd only 120 pounds! He hasn't figured out the leash yet, half the time he is trying to pull me off to the side to check something out! I know half the problem is that I lost 3+ sizes and have to buy new pants but even still they never stayed up great! I am going to watch the suggestions also and see what they have to say! Good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I bought some biking shorts at Walmart (like $8?) and they make me feel skinny. :happy: AND they stay up. When I run on the treadmill, I try to wear something with a drawstring (bball shorts or my track pants).
  • mysometimeisnow
    Options
    I had this problem a lot too but found that the VSX Victorias Secret yoga pants have just the amount of high waist (though not erkelish) and spandex to do the trick!
  • ka_42
    Options
    That sounds just like me...pants almost to my knees holding my dog's leash. He is a year and a half old German Shepherd only 120 pounds! He hasn't figured out the leash yet, half the time he is trying to pull me off to the side to check something out! I know half the problem is that I lost 3+ sizes and have to buy new pants but even still they never stayed up great! I am going to watch the suggestions also and see what they have to say! Good luck!

Hehe! Wow, you're dog sounds like a challenge too! My dog is a German Shepherd rottweiler mix. She's 4 years old and just 75 pounds. She's always trying to check something out too. I think drawstring pants are our answer! Good luck to ya!
  • teresa011
    teresa011 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with the drawstring idea........I have gotten my workout apparel at walmart only because they carry the Danskin line and I love it......everything i've bought is very comfortable, some with drawstring, some without, some with a bit of spandex material, but I havent had any trouble with them falling down, even during a vigorous hour long Zumba class.........I also have the capris by danskin with the drawstring, and they are just great!!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I exercise naked so I dont have that problem. I should mention that I workout at home, in the privacy of my own bedroom :)

Someone mentioned drawstrings...I think that's a good idea. This way you can tighten them up around your waist and not worry about them falling.

Nobody's touching this one eh?! LOL
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    HAHA, MirandaJayne!! I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!! That would just be downright scary in my case!!
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have had that problem in the past, even with pants with drawstrings. I definitely recommend the spandex. They aren't flattering, but they avoid the problems of bunching between the legs and falling down while running. Get some spanky pants, girl!!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

You should try it...it's very liberating.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

You should try it...it's very liberating.

It's not uncomfortable? But I guess you'd stay cooler since more air flow...ok I'm thinking too much about this...
  • RollTide529
    Options
    I have the SAME problem!! I just started the couch to 5k app this evening and i had to push my son in the stroller...i literally had to hook my thumbs in my pants and hold the stroller LOL..seriously! I'm also looking for some different pants...i think its cuz for one, i have no butt..and 2, i think all my fat jiggles and the pants make their way down lol...a friend of mine that works out a lot and a trainer at the ymca, she told me about nike dry fit pants...im gonna try those!