is it ok to?

Options
is it ok to eat fast food meanwhile counting calories and burning it off? I mean I want a burger SO bad. I havn't had one in a year and its just driving me crazy. I don't think I would feel the same guilt if I counted the burger in my calorie intake instead of binging over my calorie intake. has anyone lost weight while eating a burger and burning it off meanwhile counting their calories?

please let me know, because tomorrow im about to have a burger from burger king!

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Have a burger, enjoy it, do a nice long work out and get back on track tomorrow. Sounds like youve been really strict for a long time and deserve a treat!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    the thing is I just started counting calories and already lost 3 pounds in my first week however I barely eat fatty food yet I managed to gain weight cause of medications. I just dunno ...im afraid my first 3 pounds I lost will go down the drain. :'(
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Of course it's fine to have your burger, it's still about the overall calorie budget. Personally I would be making my own burger, then I get to put the good stuff in it, like blue cheese, ****ake mushrooms, grilled peppers and garlic aioli, and the best part is I get to make it with lamb. :smile:
  • JBcat123
    Options
    that's a great idea! lamb sounds fantastic!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Edited a mushroom.....that's pretty funny.:indifferent:
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Do you think it will be worth it though honestly? Burgers don't taste that great after you've spent a while eating good clean healthy nutritious food. I've made the mistake of getting a burger and feeling hideous afterwards. By all means indulge if you like and want to burn those calories off, they do it on The Biggest Loser all the time, they just have to put a lot of work in for 5 mins (if that) of pleasure from eating it.
  • annette_15
    Options
    Youd have to eat 10,000 cals over maintenance to gain back the 3 pounds youve lost. A burger wont b more than at most 1500, and if u fit it into ur calories and work out that day, im sure in the end I'm sure youll barely even b over on the day. Dont worry about it.
  • annette_15
    Options
    Do you think it will be worth it though honestly? Burgers don't taste that great after you've spent a while eating good clean healthy nutritious food. I've made the mistake of getting a burger and feeling hideous afterwards. By all means indulge if you like and want to burn those calories off, they do it on The Biggest Loser all the time, they just have to put a lot of work in for 5 mins (if that) of pleasure from eating it.

Pffft burgers are and will always b awesome if u pick the right one :D
  • JBcat123
    Options
    honestly, I don't think its worth but god do I want that burger. my mouth is watering, literally.

im just going to let the craving go away tonight and maybe just get a veggie delight instead tomorrow from subway with avocado seems like a better choice. my mom also has pieces of lox in the house with 100 calorie bagels that I can munch on through the day too.

its just hard right now since im on lots of medications, they make you crave more and eat more. and so now im craving for a burger, I just totally forgot about that disgusting feeling after a burger. yeah you are right- thankyou for the reminder. I don't want to feel disgusting.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    If I was going to have a burger out, I'd pick a place that makes real burgers fresh from real ground beef. BK wouldn't satisfy me for the amount of calories I'd have to give up for it. But this is YOUR burger, have it your way and enjoy it! :)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Go get one! Or make one... a delicious homemade burger beats a fast food one any day. :bigsmile:

Moderation > Deprivation
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    See my ticker?

I eat burgers every once in a while. Nothing wrong with them. Ask for one without the sauce if you are so worried.

Orthorexia is the fear of eating only the right foods. Don't develop that. Eat what you like, in healthy proportions.
    I'm typing this while having ice cream.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you want it that bad, I would say go get it. You're more likely to binge and eat even worse later on if you keep saying no.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's a terrible thing to do which is why I only do it 3 or 4 times every week.
    DISCIPLINE!
    That's the watch word of fast food consumption that rules my strict diet.
    Seriously, what you eat is up to you.
    I've gotten great results eating whatever - clean 70% of the time.
    Life is to be lived:drinker:
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation. If you want a burger, get yourself a burger. You just might not want to get one every day of the week ;)

I've found the only way I can keep on track is knowing I'm still allowed ice cream, burgers, and french fries. I just can't eat it all the time and I have to still watch my numbers.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a burger....there's no reason not to; but I can't stand fast food so I buy 96% lean and make my own burger and put it on 1/2 a whole wheat bun, but I add all the fixin's; ketchup, mustard, light mayonnaise (just a tad), pickles, tomato and romaine lettuce. Yum and then make some home made sweet potato "fries" - they're baked. yummy.
  • jdavis36
    jdavis36 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about a burger without the bun???? The bun is the worst part, it's a compromise. Definitely count it in your daily calorie allowance no matter what...lots of water and raw veggies to up the metabolism to burn more fat!!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    One word...Moderation. Key ingrediant to any diet out there. Have a burger just don't load it up with junk. A little lettuce, ketchup and mayo is what I love.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food at least once a week and it has not hindered my weight loss! Enjoy the burger:). I'm more of a portion control person, as soon as I say I "can't have" something the more I want it!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    See my ticker?

I eat burgers every once in a while. Nothing wrong with them. Ask for one without the sauce if you are so worried.

Orthorexia is the fear of eating only the right foods. Don't develop that. Eat what you like, in healthy proportions.
    I'm typing this while having ice cream.

I googled Orthorexia. It's well worth a read. And yes have your burger.
    Once in a while won't 'break the bank'