Weight Loss and Tattoos???

Options
Hi MFPers,

I was just wondering - what's your experience with weight loss and tattoos? Do they get misshapen? I've got one on my foot and one on my shoulder, and I doubt either of them will get distorted because of their placement, but I was wondering about others' experiences.

Replies

• TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had gotten tattoos when I was much smaller and they have not lost shape as the weight crept on so I don't see why they would get distorted with weight loss.:tongue:
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good to know - I'd gotten mine in the places I did because I figured women's bodies change so much through our lives (and I want kids eventually) that those are the least likely to distort.
  • CraigAtter
    Options
    Ive lost 210lbs and if anything mine look better lol although i do have 2 arm sleeves and only 3 letters on my arms.

I think it all depends on the tattoo and what it is.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    I've seen MANY tattoos get stretched and distorted. Most commonly on the belly area with either pregnancy or just women who are apple shaped and gained weight there faster and quicker than other places. It happens unfortunately. Just have to be smarter when getting a tattoo to know what may or may not happen in the future with it.

I personally have 2 tattoos. One on wrist and the other on opposite forearm. So those won't be stretched thankfully.
  • NSP85
    NSP85 Posts: 27
    Options
    When it comes to tattoos people should really consider the future. I thought about the "wrinkle factor" while getting mine not so much the weight gain aspect. My friend got his hip tattoo when she was 17 and now pregnant with her 2nd child she didn't think it was that bright of an idea, it's definitely stretched out. But she's a marathon runner so it will bounce back- i'm sure.