No weight loss Week 1!

Options
I'm extremely frustrated and just need some help. I've seen absolutely no results the first week. I know it takes time, but I've been biking to work (3 miles each day), cut out alcohol and sweets, and maintained 1200 calorie net a day.....with NOTHING. Why keep going if I can eat like crap and look and feel the same?! I'm a vegetarian so my diet was already fairly healthy. My metabolism must be as slow as molasses.....

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not at all unusual to see no change or even a small gain for a few weeks. It can take the body a little while to figure out what to do with your new routine. If you've just started exercising or increased your exercise your muscles will hold onto extra fluid, which could mask any weight loss. Stick with it, drink plenty of water, and if you don't see results in a few more weeks then reevaluate.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    looks like we may be in the same boat!! I should only be weighing in on tuesday morning but i cheated and did it today, i have lost nothing.. so dang frustarting. but i am going to keep going and i think you should too :)