Sleep Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I will even eat uncooked food while I'm asleep or half asleep. I eat like 1500-2000 calories during the day and still deal with this. I feel for you!

I'm not on meds of any kind at this time. I think it's related to my binge eating disorder. I can control that with behavioral therapy during day but not while I'm asleep.
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a Business consultant and one of my clients works with this issue with fantastic results. Let me know if you want his number.
    Austin
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this actually existed. Keep us posted on what is going on.

Sadly, this really does exist and is exasperating for people trying to lose weight. Our "awake" brains and bodies work so hard to eat right and exercise, but our "asleep" brains have their own agenda. I am really hoping I get some sort of answer from my sleep doctor.

I eat between 1400-1800 calories a day. Usually closer to 1400. I have a protein shake around lunch time and fresh fruits for a snack when I get home from the gym. I'm going to try and eat more for breakfast...I kinda skimp on that meal.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Try saving extra calories to eat just before bed maybe. On the nights you eat 1800 is it happening? You could track if it only happens on your lower calorie days to see if that makes a difference.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I live at home with my parents and they have the junk food in the house. They are slowly coming around, but no matter what, Del Taco still manages to get in the kitchen. I can't lock the doors, etc. because we are all on different schedules.
    I see the sleep doctor to discuss my sleep study results in a couple of weeks, so maybe I can get some answers.
    I do take a large dose of Seroquel at night for Bi-Polar disorder and that cannot be changed.

I didn't even think about not enough during the day. That could be a culprit, but I have been sleep eating for years. That's part of the reasons I'm here on MFP to lose weight.

I'm thinking that I could drink a good amount of water before I go to sleep. This may be gross, but it's a lot faster (and easier) to wash sheets than it is to lose a pound!!!!

ITS THE SEROQUEL FOR SURE!!!! STOP TAKING IT YOU DONT WANT TO GAIN 50+ LBS. TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    SEROQUEL IS THE DEVIL!!!!! IT IS NOT WORTH IT IT MAKES YOU GAIN WEIGHT!!!!!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I cannot stop taking Seroquel. I have battled Bi-Polar Disorder for 10 years and have tried numerous medications. Finally, after 6 years, I have found a combo of drugs that control it. Seroquel is one of those drugs. Plus, I am legally bound by the court system to follow my psychiatrist's orders and to take my meds accordingly. I just can't stop taking it.