Vegetarian ?? Protien??

Options
Going vegetarian during the week and have my meat on the weekends. Lets see how we do. Creative ways to get my protein... Any ideas?

Replies

• oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    Google recipes featuring tofu, quinoa, beans, and/or nuts. This recipe is super delicious and filling as it incorporates tofu and peanuts: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tofu-peanut-stir-fry/
  • marielagos
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I get my protein from beans, nuts and quite a few veggies have protein like broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, green peppers which all have more protein per serving then beef, chicken and eggs per serving. Also quinoa, brown rice, whole grain bread. If you want the texture of meat try veggie burgers. Morningstar products are great.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians/vegans have absolutely no problem getting protein if they eat right. But if you want a little extra buy some protein powder and have yourself a yummy shake from time to time.
  • Jodi827
    Jodi827 Posts: 40
    Options
    A good website is yourlighterside.com -- one of her recipies actually uses cauliflower for pizza crust..... don't knock it until you try it. It was pretty tasty.
  • swim4life79
    Options
    Love quinoa!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds.
  • karebare1313
    karebare1313 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks that helps alot
  • karebare1313
    karebare1313 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have trouble getting mine in as I dont like tofu nor beans... but I eat nuts, vegetables, wholegrains, dairy and have protein powder daily.
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I like quinoa too. I made it in a loaf a few times. It was great. I made sandwiches with it, shepard pie. I also used the rest in casseroles in replace of meat. It yields alot of food. Also love quinoa salad. It is easy to cook in a rice cooker as well.