Hair after workout

Options
I do some of my workouts during my lunchhour so I have limited time. I do shower but I don't wash or wet my hair because I don't have enough time to fix it again. Is there any product to put in it that will make it look clean :smile: ? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Project_Jodie
    Options
    Try Dry shampoo - there are lots of different brands but you just spray it in - makes it smell fresh and gets' rid of the greasy look until you can wash it!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Have you tried dry shampoo? Its an aerosol spray that takes away oil, and also adds a little bit of structure (like a hairspray, but not heavy) If you are looking to just get rid of oil/sweat, try baby powder! It will also lighten your hair a bit and take away that "dirty" look. :)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem :bigsmile:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan of dry shampoo, because it leaves a white residue, which makes me look like I have gray hair.

I just leave it dirty until I can wash it. I think I will be rocking a lot of braids when summer comes.
  • ColleenHollis
    Options
    I would ask a cosmetologist that question but also ask what style would help. Maybe a short short style or braids...messy bun.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It didn't bother me when I had long hair because I could just put it up in a pony or messy bun but now I have short hair and it shows my sweat a lot more. After my weekend work out the back of my hair (by my neck) stayed wet for almost an hour....yuck!!! I work in an office with the public so I'm afraid that going to look nasty if I just leave it.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Can you wear a hat or a headband to cover up the sweat? I agree that maybe you should ask your stylist for a cut that will embrace the messy look.

I have a hard time going back to work after exercising. The one time I tried it, everyone asked me if I was sick because my face was red and I was sweaty and panting. It was not a good look. I have to either do it before I take my shower in the morning or wait until after work. Of course, that's not nearly as convenient as doing it during the work day....

Ask the salon about it, and good luck!
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i would just use the blow drier on it for a few minutes to put some volume back into it and dry the sweat. preferably on the cold setting if available
  • LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo, theres ones now specifically made for people with blonde or brown hair so it won't leave a white mark. :)
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    A little baby powder works too, not a whole, just enough to soak up any grease and it makes your hair smell good too
  • natashalynnx
    natashalynnx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    People are already telling you dry shampoo which is what I was going to say.
    If you use it, run a comb through your hair after spraying it in so that it doesn't make your hair look white-ish.
    That's what I do.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    sprinkle some baby powder in it
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo, or the Klorane one.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    The white residue from dry shampoo shouldn't last - if you spray it in and massage it into your hair, it should absorb all of the sweat/oils, you then brush it out. There are hair colour specific types available now though too.

I find just having my hair up in a ponytail works and using a sweat headband, then a bit of dry shampoo sorts me out until that night when I can wash it.
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am a hairdresser...A dry shampoo wont make the wetness go away, dry shampoos are meant to take the oil out of your hair if you don't like washing it everyday. I would suggest towel drying the best you can and adding some mousse for volume. The mousse will help put it back in place and help with with the drying process. Hope this helps!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I do braids when I don't have time :)
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use a brand from Walmart called: NOT YOUR MOTHER'S - Dry Shampoo. I have dark hair, and I do have to scrub it in really good with my fingertips to make sure it works right and doesn't look like gray hair haha. I still know how it works, so it's the one I trust best. I haven't branched out...
    ...But they do have color specific ones on the market. I want to say, maybe Suave? Seems like the blondes have the aersol can version, and the darker haired ladies they have something in a moose variety...
    ...BUT - if you use the dry shampoo, you don't want to put it on the sopping wet hair as you mentioned by your neckline. You'd want to maybe do your shower thing at the gym, then ride back to work. and just before you go in, step into the work bathroom and towell scrub the hair again with your fingers and when that extra wetness is off, then you can spray the dry shampoo on...
    ...ALSO - you don't want to put hair spray ontop of the dry shampoo. I made that mistake once, and it looked like DANDRUFF TOWN lol.
    i have a youtube channel where I did a demo of the dryshampoo if you want to check that out shoot me an email I'd be glad to share the link :)
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Another option other than dry shampoo is to use Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep spray in the morning when you do your hair. It's meant to volumize fine hair (which it does very well) so it contains cornstarch. The cornstarch seems to absorb a good deal of moisture when I work out and I've noticed that my hair doesn't go complete flat after a work out.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    In your situation, I'd just blow it dry a bit. When I wear my hair straight and if i am not too sweaty after my workout, that is what I'll do.
  • msgunder
    msgunder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was able to blow dry my really wet parts and it seemed to work ok. Thanks for the input! I do have a question to those that use baby powder....doesn't that leave your hair white?