Do you have a time limit to when you stop eating?

Options
I have been trying to stop eating after 6:30, but then I would go out with my friends, and it would be about eight or nine and we would go off to burger king and get some fries. It's hard not to give into that. Also, at home it's hard to stop eating then because I would get hungry at around eight. Do I eat then, or just have all the will power and stop?

What do you do?

Replies

• Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I stop eating 4 hours before I go to bed.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    7-7 rule
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nope. NO time limit. I just try to leave a calorie cushion (by doing extra cardio) for evening snacks, esp. if getting together w/ friends.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I typically pay attention to my body. If I feel hunger pains I'll have a piece of cheese or some bacon. I get off from work at 6:30 most nights so time limits don't work for me. I usually go to bed by 10:00, so as long as I have had food by 8, I'm good.
  • cowgirlsrope
    cowgirlsrope Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after dinner but do have a low cal low carb hot cocoa. The warmth plus the chocolate is a treat. ( I use the term treat loosely)
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake right before bed, so my answer is no. I plan my day leaving enough room for after dinner snacks. For the most part, I'm eating something every 2-3 hours. It's worked for me so far.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Not really. I enjoy a bedtime snack.
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    i stop eating after 7pm. if im hungry i just drink some water or some zero cal drink or chew on gum
  • shoecake
    shoecake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's mainly carbs you should stop eating after 6:30 simply because there is not enough time to burn it off before bede so the body converts it straight to fat, so even if you've been good all day you can still add extra fat with even the smallest carb laiden treat - this is what I@ve been told so I don't know for sure but seems to make sense.

I've been drinking green tea 3 times a day but especially last thing at night as it apparently speeds up your metabloism even while you sleep - again only picked up on this info so don't know for sure.

I've been filling up on tall glasses of water when I get late night munchies and having low low fat/low carb snacks like sorbet (although full of sugar!)

It's hard work, but keep at it! :-)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Nope it doesn't make any difference to your weight loss when you eat as long as you have room in your daily calorie allowance. Anyone who tells you differently is mis-informed.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Right before I turn out the lights at bedtime. (maintaining since 2008)
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    7 pm.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    No, if I want a snack at 11 pm, I have it.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat when I want. I make my own rules.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Nope it doesn't make any difference to your weight loss when you eat as long as you have room in your daily calorie allowance. Anyone who tells you differently is mis-informed.

^^^^THIS and the two other posts right above it.
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I try to stop around 7 pm. My boyfriend will take me to a movie dinner date once a month or so, I break the rule then. For the most part, its 7 pm.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories.... eat them.... doesn't matter the time of day...... Best of Luck.....
  • compumomma
    compumomma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat a lot of carbs after lunch. I do try to cut myself off after 8pm on most nights. On nights I am going out I try to watch what I eat through the day and keep my calories in check.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I stop eating at 9pm.....an hour before bedtime.
    I can't go to sleep with hunger.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I have 100 calorie bag of popcorn around 8 or 9 at night...it works for me ..might not work for somebody else. I just make sure my calorie intake is below goal.