What to eat at Disneyland?

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that you'll be walking a ton, so you'll burn off a lot. I'd go for protein and veggies wherever possible. Avoid fried foods, cream sauces, ice cream, etc. Just do the best you can and try not to stress too terribly much. Have a great time!

This... I mean you will be walking a long LONG time and can usually burn enough calories to not worry too much. Keep away from the fried stuff (the churros are so tempting, I know!!) and you should be good!!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm so frickin jealous of you right now. I love Disneyland.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that you'll be walking a ton, so you'll burn off a lot. I'd go for protein and veggies wherever possible. Avoid fried foods, cream sauces, ice cream, etc. Just do the best you can and try not to stress too terribly much. Have a great time!

This... I mean you will be walking a long LONG time and can usually burn enough calories to not worry too much. Keep away from the fried stuff (the churros are so tempting, I know!!) and you should be good!!
    Sacrilege! :angry:
  • mama_katz
    Options

Sacrilege! :angry:

^^^ truth.
  • elsiesnow
    elsiesnow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I know this is non-helpful, but the beignets in New Orleans Square are sooooooo good. Maybe jog there from the front gate, to work off the calories for 3 of them in a bag with powdered sugar. :love:

I agree with a previous poster, there seem to be healthy options everywhere you sit down to eat - at least they're easier to find. I'd pack string cheese and almonds for snacks.

Have fun!
  • kaymanginelli88
    Options
    LOL!! ELSIESNOW! that made me literally laugh out loud, job from there to the gate!! =)))

OMG i know the powdered beignets are so amazing, im addicted to the clam chowder bowls they have!! =( Ugh.. im going to fail lol.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    this thread is making me feel better about my pass having expired last week. clam chowder bread bowls are the DEVIL. and the corn muffins. hnng.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually go 1-2 times a week as well. Funny, I rarely eat there, but when I do it's just a snack. I like to get pineapple or a pickle from one of the carts or else a Dole Whip, which is just sugar...but nice on a hot day :) Seriously, don't worry about it. Just for curiosity, I sometimes wear a fitbit to see how much walking I do and usually in just a couple hours cover 4 miles. As long as you don't go crazy, I wouldn't sweat it too bad.
  • justinemp
    Options
    I just went when i travelled to america in july last yr. i packed my own lunch- we had a cooler bag and carried canned tuna, wholemeal pita, and salad to make our own. As well as snacks. Then we hired a locker to put it in while we went on the rides :)
    Best day ever!! Loved Disneyland!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I think that if you're going to a place like that you owe it to yourself not to stress over eating healthy while there. One day of gluttony won't be as bad as the stress you're causing yourself by trying to avoid it.
    End of thread.
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    i eat a turkey drumstick, good enough protein for me

Those are soooooooo good! I had one at Disney World in Florida years ago.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Kayla and if you haven't already added me for support, I'm a great friend for support. I have 130+ pounds to loose and can use all the encouragement I can use!

Anywhoooo

I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow, and wanted to know if anyone who was a disneyland pass holder like me knows of any good food or suggestions for me!!

I thank you all for your support and feedback, it's much appreciated!

going to disneyland tomorrow too! I'm bringing my own food. I tried the turkey leg and it's ok but it's really salty. (passholder as well) It's cheaper and if you go alot like I do it's less stressful knowing you brought your own healthy choices with you.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    in euro disney they let you take food in your handbag, they don't let you in with a cooler bag though. i'v read these's a subway near usa disney. i have to go for several days because i live so far away so pack snacks & have a dinner there. have a great time :flowerforyou:
  • lulusmom
    Options
    AP here. Here are my go-to's if I don't pack food:

1) Tattoria -- Kid's Meal grilled chicken with veggies
    2) Refreshment Corner -- Kid's Meal with turkey dog, apples and a water bottle
    3) Big Thunder Ranch BBQ
    4) Churro -- because I walked my *kitten* off and earned it. :P
  • lulusmom
    Options
    I think that if you're going to a place like that you owe it to yourself not to stress over eating healthy while there. One day of gluttony won't be as bad as the stress you're causing yourself by trying to avoid it.
    End of thread.
    The answer is not that simple for those of us (like the OP) that are passholders. I'm at Disneyland at least once a week. No need to make it a consistent "cheat" place.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has asked this yet but did I read it correctly-you go to disney land 2 to 3 times PER week?! The 1st thing to pop in my head is "Why so often?" The 2nd thing is that, hmm I could be jealous over that! lol :) I've never been to disneyland but have been to disneyworld with my kids a couple years ago. It was so much fun!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I usually go a couple of times a week as well. We are local and have (as does the OP) annual passes. For hubs and I it gives us something to do and a little extra exercise walking around the park :wink: I've loved Disneyland since I was little. Both of my parents worked there when I was a kid.
  • hellboundtravis
    hellboundtravis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    we go a couple times a year and we allway pack snacks like cherry tomatos, oranges, water and crackers we also take bread and buy a turkey leg and make turkey sanwiches so 1 leg feeds a family of 5 not a bag deal all the fruit stand have fresh fruit and stuff and pineapple at the tiki room so it's not to bad for us and for dinner we all share a beef gumbo bread bowl with all the walking i think you can afford a little treat ....lol
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Skewers in Adventureland are decent picks, just not that good... I have passes, I just bring my own food when I dont want to deal with their food. The pilots restaurant in CA adventure has good choices...the bbq chicken breast sandwich comes with the bbq sauce on the side. They have good ribs too.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has asked this yet but did I read it correctly-you go to disney land 2 to 3 times PER week?! The 1st thing to pop in my head is "Why so often?" The 2nd thing is that, hmm I could be jealous over that! lol :) I've never been to disneyland but have been to disneyworld with my kids a couple years ago. It was so much fun!

Meh, I've been 4 times in the last 7 days. There's always something to do especially with a three year old.