Do you have a time limit to when you stop eating?

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat wile sleeping. Sleep eating is a nasty beast.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. I go by the 7-7 rule because it works for me.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    my body can't tell time. I eat when it makes sense for me, not for the clock
  • bannalee
    bannalee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told by my trainer to eat a snack after dinner a small healthy one, but a couple hours before you go to bed. I started to do it and I think it really helps. I no longer binge eat late at night I have planed what I'm going to have for a snack and stick to it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    whenever.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I've tried eating while sleeping, but that was messy. Otherwise, no time limits for me-I generally eat the VAST majority of my calories (carbs and all) at night-including eating in bed before I go to sleep.
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nope. NO time limit. I just try to leave a calorie cushion (by doing extra cardio) for evening snacks, esp. if getting together w/ friends.
    I would agree with you. I try to stay under my caloric limits and just plan accordingly.

ALSO--if you are at a fast food place, maybe get a SALAD or FRUIT (if they sell that there? Not sure about BK--I know McD's has parfaits)...I know it's hard, but maybe tell your friends you're trying to lose weight (if you get embarrassed or something). And make sure you log the calories.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Nope, I eat whenever I'm hungry. I try to find low-cal type of snacks though, especially for before bed.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    I never eat past 7pm and then no b'fast before 9am.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I stop eating at 11pm. I do 20/4 and eat from 7pm-11pm.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't have a limit, but I do make sure it's all low-calorie density stuff after dinner. For me, snacking after dinner is more about something to do while I'm winding down than about actually being hungry. When I started trying to lose weight, I replaced chocolate and chips with apples and carrots.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I try only to eat when I'm awake. Other than that...
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore... If I wake up hungry at 2 am, I'll eat something and go back to bed. If I'm out at the bar all night, I'll keep drinking until I'm ready to go home. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've lost 50 pounds this way and still love my life.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I eat up until I go to bed. I have no problem and it keeps my metabolism up. However, I don't think it's for everyone. Trial and error. :)
  • s07civic
    s07civic Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find that if I DON'T eat before bed, I wake up in the morning and want to binge like crazy. So personally I don't really have a hard limit, although I may ask myself, "Am I REALLY hungry?" if it's before bedtime.

...then again, if you look at my Ticker you'll see that I'm new to this. But, that is what works for me!
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories.... eat them.... doesn't matter the time of day...... Best of Luck.....

^^^^
    this
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Food is food and time is time. With the hours I work and time I have to work out I eat when I can at night. I ALWAYS eat breakfast, a snack and lunch. But I get off work at 5 it takes me an hour to get to the gym and I stay there 2 hours some nights and I don't get home til late and then I eat. I leave a protein bar in my car for those times when my work out drains me completely.

Dont worry about times, worry more about what you are eating. It is hard to be the one saying no to burger king fries, but you will be so proud of yourself for saying no. Just because your friends are eating it does not mean you have to. I know I struggled with that a lot. I did not want to be the odd man out. Some times I give in, but not too much. I fell off the wagon a few months ago and gained 7lbs back right away. I was so mad at myself. It took months to get off 7lbs and only about 6 weeks to put it back on.

I am sure you can do it and get right. It really is your desire to get to where you want to be. It is not feeling "out of it" when you are the one not joining in. Think of how hard you work to get those calories off, is it really worth it? If you know you are going out then you have to invest in the time at the gym. then you wont feel bad later!

I dont mean to sound preachy, if I do I am sorry. I have been at this for a while and this summer I was so proud of myself. I wore a size 10 for the first time since before I had kids, then I went off here in Nov and thought I had it licked. I fell off the wagon big time thinking that I could do this without keeping track. I let myself much down cake balls, cake, cookies and all sorts of crap and the weight came on and I could no longer get my jeans up......again. I dont want to go back there and I am in control No one else is. You just have to keep telling yourself that YOU GOT THIS!!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I eat until I have had enough calories. Meal timing is irrelevant so I don't concentrate on the time so no, no time limit.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No later than 8:00 pm.
  • knotsandloops845
    knotsandloops845 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat 2hrs before bed. I rather my body work on other things while I'm sleeping not digesting food.