Ok MFP ladies...

Options
2»

Replies

• Matilda444WECHANGED
    Options
    Might I suggest a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. You want to keep that youthful glow, right?
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by Mac. I know nothing about makeup, beyond "it goes on your face", but she seems to. :smile:

Mac is great and smash box primer is really good.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Why is MAC STUDIO FIX not on there??! best make up ever created!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Bare Minerals products for any foundation, blush and concealer. Love the primer and the mineral veil as well. I went 10 years without makeup of any kind (sensitive and rosacea) before I found this and I have never had a reaction to these products. I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't turn me into a racoon after an hour so I don't use any. The only thing I use on my eyes is a smudged Loreal eyeliner. I have at least 50 bottles of nail polish though...all brands and unusual colors. :bigsmile:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    MAC is fantastic, and if you like sparkly stuff, try LUSH, their eyeshadows and liners especially are lovely!
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Woot great responses guys! Keep 'em coming!

I like to hear what people recommend then go and do some research.
  • brittshea9
    brittshea9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been a makeup artist for the past 8 years and I've worked for MAC, Dior, Lancôme, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Benefit, Estée Lauder, MAKEUP FOREVER, and Chanel - so basically I've had a really good opportunity to try things from a variety of lines.

Full coverage foundation: I would recommend either MAC Studio Fix Fluid or MAKEUP FOREVER HD foundation. They both cover really well without looking heavy and they last all day.

Light coverage foundation: Diorflash airbrush makeup from Dior. It's super lightweight and fresh looking.

Powder: I'm a fan of Lancôme's Dual Finish pressed powder and MAKEUP FOREVER's loose setting powder.

Concealer: Benefit's Erase Paste covers EVERYTHING. Also, their yellowy concealer Lemon-Aid is awesome for really dark undereye circles.

Eye Makeup: Chanel's powders are almost creamy to the touch and wear forever. MAC and MAKEUP FOREVER have the best range of colors and finishes. Lancôme has pretty awesome shadows, too.

Mascara: Lancôme, hands down. Their Hypnose is incredible.

Lip products: MAC Lipglass is my favorite gloss. I love lipsticks from Lancôme, Chanel, Arden, MAC, and MAKEUP FOREVER.

For foundation, always get the beauty advisor's opinion based on your skin type and undertones and always ask for a sample to try before you buy it so you don't get home with $45 foundation you hate. Also, never test it on your wrist or back of your hand. The color there is completely different from your face. Test on your neck instead.
  • brittshea9
    brittshea9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also, NARS blush in Orgasm is the single most flattering blush shade for literally every single skin tone, eye color, and hair color combo.

I forgot to mention that Anastasia's brow kits are incredible - they have a powder kit that is the bomb. They also have a long wear brow marker that I love.

And for eyeliners, you can't go wrong with Urban Decay's pencils.

Also, CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I literally wear makeup about once a month, so I'm no good for this question. However, CONGRATS on almost 100! Great job, lady!