Why aren't YOU watching biggest loser?!

Options

Replies

• lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Because it is one giant commerical for Extra gum, ground turkey, ziploc snack bags (or at least it was when I watched it a couple years ago)
    I also agree Jillian Michaels gets on my last nerve.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I don't watch TV. Also, it gave me unrealistic expectations regarding weight loss when it first started when I was very young.
    It's just a silly reality TV show, it's about da moneyyy.

Oh and it's not actually on TV right now in Australia haha.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I would rather stick ice cubes up my butt
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Because I don't live in America.. :huh:
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I actually am watching, but I agree that Jillian is annoying. I can't believe that they haven't killed anyone yet either. I am sure they have a bunch of doctors waiting in the wings to keep them alive...and a bunch of lawyers in case they don't...

I think Chris Powell is better. He is hard on them but not like that...
  • TerraLea
    TerraLea Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I AM!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! They motivate me and I love it when the trainers get personal and emotional with the contestants. In like watching the physicians jump in and help when the contestants can't handle it. My goal is to lose weight with them, I know I wont lose as muspch as fast, I just want to consistantly lose along with them. :-)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have better things to do like troll my MFP friends and pick my nose.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not into THIS season. I know childhood obesity's important... but I prefer to see grown ups get yelled at, deprived, and have their butts kicked!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    same reason why I don't watch Dr. Oz
  • mrskchris
    mrskchris Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm watching. i love Jillian and it motivates me even though they are under extreme conditions.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    (1) Because I don't have a TV.
    (2) Because from the few times I have seen the show outside my home, I think it is, as others have said, complete sensationalized garbage, that pretends to help people while making spectacles of them--basically exploiting them, even if they do get money.
    (3) Because if they treat the children anything like they treat the adults, it constitutes maltreatment IMHO.

Edited to correct wording.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Because it isn't on yet.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    because I'd rather watch football.
  • SmilesIowa
    Options
    My other shows are on :) Honestly, I forgot it was on tonight and I haven't watched in years. I have nothing bad to say about the show, just stopped watching. I actually almost made it on the show, but lost out at the end round. I might try and catch it here and there this season.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I would rather stick ice cubes up my butt

Kinky
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    We got rid of cable. We have Netflix and Hulu now, but... eh. *shrug*
    I watched it until I discovered the paleo life and everything on the BL suddenly became conventional wisdom rubbish.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Because I already lost my 75 pounds and have reached my target weight.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    all i use tv for are dvd´s.. dont have cable service.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love biggest loser!! I can't stand Jillian though she annoys me but the other coaches are awesome :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why would I watch that utter crap? It proves that some people will only lose weight for $$ or fame..... pity that they don't look very good at the end either.