Why aren't YOU watching biggest loser?!

Options

Replies

• aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm watching, what's with all the hating on Jillan Michaels? I LOVE HER!!!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Because I'm watching new reality show, "Dancing with the Biggest Loser for an Extreme Makeover to be the Next American Idol." You can catch it on the Narcissistic Network.

Snort. You win. /thread :laugh:
  • 253down
    253down Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am watching as it inspires me. I picked out the woman is is closest to my weight, so I can see the progress. It is hard for me to see myself as I am, and this will help to inspire me. Just joined today :smile:
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Here's some "motivation" for you -- a "Where Are They Now?" article. I see they all learned something from being on the show. :huh:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40423712/ns/today-entertainment/t/biggest-loser-where-are-they-now/#.UOo7FbZ06x4

Sorry, got better things to do... like watching reruns of "Pawn Stars."
  • kelmarander
    kelmarander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Because I hate to see well-intentioned people who truly need to make life-changing decisions exploited for the corporate profit of TV networks. Really--if you falter for one week in the midst of your lifestyle change, you have to go home and get LESS support? It's a perverse incentive, like "No Child Left Behind" with rice cakes instead of scantrons. You don't perform well, let's take away the resources that could potentially help you improve. . . . Exploitation, I tell you! :angry:
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Because I'm working until midnight. ):
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I know that it is everything negative that you all have said. But it is motivation to me, if nothing else than to see how bad I could become. I know that I am obese, morbidly obese with diabetes 2. I do get hints on how to eat healthy, how to be an advocate for myself when I eat out. I also love to see the before and after pictures. I just have to pretend that it is over 2 years instead of 6 months or whatever the show is. These people have an advantage that they don't have a job and life they have to take care of.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It is easier to lose 15-20 lbs in a week when all you do is eat properly and exercise on the ranch, obviously it takes longer at home with the real world happening. I was always the person eating chips while watching this year will be different. Jillian would motivate me, she gets more out of her group.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am! I can multitask! :bigsmile:
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    It IS a pathetic show. There is no emotional thing about losing weight and they glorify that WAY to much! You just hafta get off your *kitten* and do it.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    forgot it was on. oops.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't like the competition nastiness. :(
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Read Kai Hibbard's story. That's why. ;) What you see on TV and what really goes on there are two very different things.
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna watch it tonight but I hope it's not boring with the kids :/

BL is purely shameless entertainment and nothing more.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Because it's not on here yet.
  • nursedianne
    nursedianne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't like listening to Julian Micheals yell, she annoys me. I am surprised they haven't killed anyone yet, the way they push these extremely overweight people to their limits....someones heart is gonna give out.

DITTO!!!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    'Cause we don't all live in the United States.
  • willowdancer
    Options
    1.) I don't have live television

2.) I'm not much into reality shows

3.) Busy chaining Heros on Netflix like there is no tomorrow!
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I was watching x files on Netflix instant play!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Because NCIS is on, obviously.