At the risk of offending people...

Options
Kind of new so I hope this is appropriate to post in this forum since it's on topic. I would like to add more 'friends' on this site that have open diaries and in addition actually log real Fitness and Exercise. I am looking for that kind of inspiration and motivation. Not so and so burned 3000 calories doing light house cleaning, or sex, or dancing (unless it's real actual aerobic dancing). Nothing against people who are doing this, I get that it's better than old habits for tons of people, and I'm sorry if I'm sounding like your workouts are not 'real'. Just for me, it's not a realistic option and my WLJ would come to screeching halt if I tried to fob off my workouts with stuff that's already been part of my life.

My diary is open, I am in the last 10 stretch, I bust my hump in the gym 5 days a week or better. I'm active on MFP and train with a trainer, as well as on my own. I run, I hike, I do yoga, I love a good stairmaster, I'm dreaming of a 10k in April. I want my friend feed to be filled with So and So just burned a bunch of calories doing something I want to try.

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    But pole dancing is hard work =[.

Better tell my abs and biceps to go away then...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    add me if you'd like. you can see my profile and diary without friending me so you can decide if I fit what you're looking for.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    it's a personal preference - I don't do that but others like to ....just don't add people that do that - diary is open for viewing and I only put actual exercise on there not just daily tasks
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    But pole dancing is hard work =[.

Better tell my abs and biceps to go away then...

I would classify that as real actual aerobic dancing. I would also consider trying that.
  • SnivyToast
    SnivyToast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You could try fitocracy as well for fitness related items.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about what is really exercise and i was just about to add you but then i realized that WLJ was an abbreviation for weight loss journey and no. Just no.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I;m training for a triathlon. Not tons of variety, but lots of running, swimming and biking. If that's the sort of thing you're looking for, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i was just about to add you but then i realized that WLJ was an abbreviation for weight loss journey and no. Just no.

Obviously you aren't a weight watchers crossover. I'll get over it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about what is really exercise and i was just about to add you but then i realized that WLJ was an abbreviation for weight loss journey and no. Just no.

some day love will find you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

some day love will find you.

Already did. How do you think i got this bitter?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    got enough judges in my life

dont need another one

good luck though
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i was just about to add you but then i realized that WLJ was an abbreviation for weight loss journey and no. Just no.

it's the word Journey.....that word belongs with Steve Perry ...

that's all....we don't do journey's here....
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

That's funny Dave, I cringed when I realised what that abbreviation was! Let's ban that from the site before it catches on!!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

Don't Stop Believing....=)
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This made me go look at my settings. I wasn’t aware that my diary was private. I thought people could see it! It’s now open to my friends. But I only log actual exercise and am sometimes honest to a fault about my food intake. I have an unbelievably guilty conscious so if I can’t log the nutrition info due to a lack of said info from a restaurant or what have you, I get online and write everything that went in my mouth. I keep myself in DOUBLE check! You can add me if you would like!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I log all my activity through FitBit. It encompasses ALL of my activity whenever I'm on my feet, including housework, shopping, dancing, and my walks on my breaks at work. Probably not what you are looking for.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    How is dancing not aerobic? That's my favorite form of cardio so I'm wondering now what I'm doing wrong.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Options
    How is dancing not aerobic? That's my favorite form of cardio so I'm wondering now what I'm doing wrong.

I think she's looking down at people who shake their booty while vaccuming or dance in their living room to Katy Perry hits....

She has clarified that Pole dancing is aerobic and that aerobic dancing is kosher...

i think what she really wants to say is dancing that gets your heart rate up to at least 65% which would be necessary for weight loss...

and that's pretty much all dancing....as long as the person puts the effort in....
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Options

Don't Stop Believing....=)

:heart: :love:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    ever notice anything that starts of by saying "At the risk of offending people..." always offends people? Hmmm.